More than 50 percent of owners permit their Kaikadis to live inside and sleep on the sofa or in the owner’s bed. For those of you who are wondering how to build a dog house for your Kaikadi, below are some simple rules to follow when considering the type of shelter you want to build for your Kaikadi.
How to Build Your Kaikadi a House: Size
1. You should start your house building process by ensuring the house is large enough to accommodate your Kaikadi’s potential mature size. People enjoy having about 2 feet of air overhead in a room in order to live without feeling claustrophobic. Your Kaikadi will also enjoy having that much space. The comfort zone for both people and Kaikadis is approximately a third of their standing height. To figure out how much space the Kaikadi will need go get a ruler and measure your Kaikadi. Measure him standing straight up, sitting on his haunches and most importantly measure the full dimension of the Kaikadi when he is in the most comfortable, relaxed and stretched out position he can get into. Your Kaikadi should be able to gaze out the front entrance when both standing up and sitting. So the Kaikadi will not have to significantly lower his front shoulders or scrape his stomach, make sure that entrance is high enough. Stand over the Kaikadi and measure the width of the broadest point of the Kaikadi’s shoulders.
How to Build a House for Your Kaikadi: Elevation
2. Don’t forget to elevate the house several inches from the ground to allow air and water to flow below. To discourage pests from entering the house, and taking your Kaikadi’s health into consideration, remember how vital ventilation is. Put in a few nickel-sized holes in the walls under the eaves. Install a wind block inside the dog house so the Kaikadi can use the warmth of its own body to heat the space if it is really cold or breezy outside. Consider adding a partial panel which will allow your Kaikadi to escape the inclement weather. Your animal can choose to just snooze in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved Kaikadi would probably love having a pillow or some sort of bedding to snooze on.
How to Build a Dog House for Your Kaikadi: Weather Resistant
3. To avoid rain coming into the house make the floor just a bit tilted toward the doorway and build the roof a little bit angled, as well. Ensure the dog house is well insulated but you should not paint the interior.
4. In the US most storms come from the west and south so ensure the dog house is facing a different direction. Most house blueprints suggest that the dog house opening faces east. The cold air won’t be able to rush through the opening then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Kaikadi’s House
5. It is suggested that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Kaikadi a house. This makes it simpler for you to empty your Kaikadi’s home. You should empty out the Kaikadi’s house as frequently as you give your Kaikadi a bath.
Kaikadi Dog House: Conclusion
If your Kaikadi stays outside then he deserves to have a comfortable place to snooze and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these straightforward tips on building a dog house for your Kaikadi will help you get going.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Kaikadis.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂