More than 50 percent of people permit their Epagneul Bleu De Picardies to live inside and sleep on their sofa or in the bed. For those of you who are interested in how to build a dog house for your Epagneul Bleu De Picardie, following are some easy rules to follow when determining the type of house you want to build for your Epagneul Bleu De Picardie.
How to Build Your Epagneul Bleu De Picardie a Dog House: Size
1. You should begin your dog house building process by making sure the house is big enough to accommodate your Epagneul Bleu De Picardie’s potential adult size. We enjoy having around two feet of air overhead in a room to live without feeling boxed in. Your Epagneul Bleu De Picardie will probably also enjoy having that much space. The target zone for both people and Epagneul Bleu De Picardies is approximately a third of their standing height. To calculate how much space the Epagneul Bleu De Picardie will need get out a tape measure and measure your Epagneul Bleu De Picardie. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and especially measure the full dimension of the Epagneul Bleu De Picardie when he is in the most relaxed, comfortable, and stretched out position he can get into. Your Epagneul Bleu De Picardie should be able to look out the front door while both sitting and standing. So the Epagneul Bleu De Picardie won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or scrape his tummy, make sure that entrance is high enough. Stand over the Epagneul Bleu De Picardie and measure the breadth of the broadest point of the animal’s shoulders.
Building a House for Your Epagneul Bleu De Picardie: Elevation
2. Don’t forget to elevate the house several inches from the ground to permit water and air to flow below. To dissuade pests from entering the dog house, and taking your Epagneul Bleu De Picardie’s health into consideration, remember how vital air circulation is. Install a few nickel-sized holes in the panels below the eaves. Put a wind block inside the house so the Epagneul Bleu De Picardie can use the heat of its own body to warm up the space if it is really cold or breezy outside. Consider adding a partial panel which will allow your Epagneul Bleu De Picardie to escape the inclement weather. Your animal can decide to just sleep in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved pet would probably love having a cushion or some sort of pallet to snooze on.
How to Build a House for Your Epagneul Bleu De Picardie: Weather Resistant
3. To avoid rain coming into the dog house make the floor just a little bit tilted toward the entrance and construct the roof a little bit tilted, as well. Make sure the house is well insulated but you should not paint the interior.
4. In America most storms come from the west and south so ensure the house faces a different direction. Most dog house plans suggest that the house doorway faces east. The cold air won’t be able to rush through the opening then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Epagneul Bleu De Picardie’s House
5. It’s recommended that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Epagneul Bleu De Picardie a house. This makes it easier for you to clean your Epagneul Bleu De Picardie’s home. You should empty your Epagneul Bleu De Picardie’s house as frequently as you give your Epagneul Bleu De Picardie a bath.
Epagneul Bleu De Picardie Dog House: Conclusion
If your Epagneul Bleu De Picardie lives outdoors then he deserves to have a comfortable place to snooze and get away from harsh weather. Hopefully these straightforward tips on building a dog house for the Epagneul Bleu De Picardie will help you begin.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Epagneul Bleu De Picardies.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂