Greater than 50% of people allows their English Water Spaniels to live inside and sleep on the sofa or in their owner’s bed. For those of you all who are interested in how to build a dog house for your English Water Spaniel, following are our easy rules to follow when considering what type of house you want to provide for your English Water Spaniel.
How to Build a House for Your English Water Spaniel: Size
1. You should start your dog house building process by making sure the house is large enough to accommodate your English Water Spaniel’s potential adult size. Humans enjoy having around two feet of air above us in a room in order to live without feeling claustrophobic. Your English Water Spaniel will probably also appreciate having that much room. The comfort zone for both people and English Water Spaniels is approximately thrity-three percent of their standing height. To figure out how much space the English Water Spaniel will need go get a ruler and measure your English Water Spaniel. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and most importantly measure the full dimension of the English Water Spaniel when he is in the most stretched out, comfortable, and relaxed position he can get into. Your English Water Spaniel should be able to look out the front door when both standing up and sitting. So the English Water Spaniel won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his stomach, make sure that door is high enough. Stand above the English Water Spaniel and measure the width of the broadest point of the animal’s shoulders.
Building a Dog House for Your English Water Spaniel: Elevation
2. Remember to elevate the house several inches from the ground to permit water and air to flow underneath. To dissuade pests from entering the dog house, and taking your English Water Spaniel’s health into consideration, remember how important fresh air is. Put in a few nickel-sized holes in the walls under the eaves. Install a wind block inside the dog house so the English Water Spaniel can use the heat of its own body to warm up the space if it is really cold or breezy outside. Think about adding a partial panel which will help your English Water Spaniel to escape the bad weather. Your English Water Spaniel can choose to just snooze in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved English Water Spaniel would probably love having a cushion or some sort of bedding to sleep on.
Building Your English Water Spaniel a Dog House: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain entering the house make the floor just a little bit angled toward the doorway and build the roof a little bit angled, as well. Make sure the dog house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the interior.
4. In America most storms come from the west and south so make sure the house faces a different direction. Most house blueprints recommend that the dog house entryway faces east. The cold air won’t be able to whip through the door then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your English Water Spaniel’s Dog House
5. It’s recommended that you place hinges on the roof when you build your English Water Spaniel a house. This makes it simpler for you to empty your English Water Spaniel’s home. You should empty the English Water Spaniel’s house as much as you give your English Water Spaniel a bath.
English Water Spaniel Dog House: Conclusion
If your English Water Spaniel stays outdoors then he deserves to have a pleasant place to snooze and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these easy tips on building a dog house for your English Water Spaniel will help you start.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about English Water Spaniels.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂