More than 50% of the population allows their Cirneco Dell’Etnas to stay inside and sleep on their couch or in their owner’s bed. For those of you guys who are interested in how to build a dog house for your Cirneco Dell’Etna, here are our simple rules to follow when figuring out the type of house you want to build for your Cirneco Dell’Etna.
Building Your Cirneco Dell’Etna a House: Size
1. You should start your house building process by making sure the house is large enough to accommodate your Cirneco Dell’Etna’s potential adult size. As humans, we enjoy having approximately 2 feet of air overhead in a room in order to live without feeling claustrophobic. The Cirneco Dell’Etna will probably also appreciate having that much room. The comfort zone for both humans and Cirneco Dell’Etnas is around thrity-three percent of their standing height. To figure out how much room the Cirneco Dell’Etna will need get out a measuring tape and measure your Cirneco Dell’Etna. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and above all measure the full dimension of the Cirneco Dell’Etna when he is in the most comfortable, relaxed and stretched out position he can get into. Your Cirneco Dell’Etna should be able to peer out the front entrance while both standing up and sitting. So the Cirneco Dell’Etna will not have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his belly, make sure that door is tall enough. Stand over the Cirneco Dell’Etna and measure the breadth of the widest point of the Cirneco Dell’Etna’s shoulders.
Building Your Cirneco Dell’Etna a House: Elevation
2. Don’t forget to raise the house several inches from the ground to permit water and air to flow below. To dissuade pests from entering the house, and taking your Cirneco Dell’Etna’s health into consideration, remember how important air circulation is. Install a few nickel-sized holes in the walls below the eaves. Install a wind block inside the house so the Cirneco Dell’Etna can use the warmth of its body to warm up the area if it is really cold or windy outside. Think about adding a partial wall which will help your Cirneco Dell’Etna to escape the inclement weather. Your Cirneco Dell’Etna can choose to just sleep in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved pet would probably love having a cushion or some sort of pallet to snooze on.
Building a House for Your Cirneco Dell’Etna: Weather Resistant
3. To avoid rain entering the house make the floor just a little bit angled in the direction of the entryway and construct the roof a bit slanted, as well. Ensure the house is well insulated but you should not paint the inside.
4. In the United States most storms come from the south and west so make sure the dog house faces a different direction. Most dog house blueprints suggest that the house door faces east. The cold air will not be able to rush through the entrance then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Cirneco Dell’Etna’s House
5. It’s suggested that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Cirneco Dell’Etna a house. This makes it easier for you to empty your Cirneco Dell’Etna’s home. You should empty out the Cirneco Dell’Etna’s house as frequently as you give your Cirneco Dell’Etna a bath.
Cirneco Dell’Etna Dog House: Conclusion
If your Cirneco Dell’Etna stays outside then he deserves to have a suitable place to snooze and get away from harsh weather. Hopefully these straightforward tips on building a dog house for your Cirneco Dell’Etna will help you get started.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Cirneco Dell’Etnas.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂