More than 50 percent of people allows their Bluetick Coonhounds to live inside and sleep on their sofa or in the bed. For those of you all who are interested in how to build a dog house for your Bluetick Coonhound, below are our easy rules to follow when figuring out what type of house you want to build for your Bluetick Coonhound.
How to Build a Dog House for Your Bluetick Coonhound: Size
1. You should begin your dog house building process by ensuring the house is big enough to accommodate your Bluetick Coonhound’s potential adult size. Humans enjoy having about 2 feet of air above us in a room to live without feeling claustrophobic. The Bluetick Coonhound will also enjoy having that much room. The target zone for both humans and Bluetick Coonhounds is around 1/3 of their standing height. To figure out how much room the Bluetick Coonhound will need go get a ruler and measure your Bluetick Coonhound. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and especially measure the full dimension of the Bluetick Coonhound when he is in the most stretched out, comfortable, and relaxed position he can get into. Your Bluetick Coonhound should be able to gaze out the front door while both standing up and sitting. So the Bluetick Coonhound won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his belly, make sure that door is tall enough. Stand above the Bluetick Coonhound and measure the breadth of the widest point of the Bluetick Coonhound’s shoulders.
How to Build Your Bluetick Coonhound a House: Elevation
2. Remember to elevate the dog house several inches from the ground to allow air and water to flow underneath. To dissuade pests from entering the dog house, and taking your Bluetick Coonhound’s health into consideration, remember how important ventilation is. Install a few nickel-sized openings in the panels under the eaves. Install a wind block inside the house so the Bluetick Coonhound can use the warmth of its own body to heat up the space if it is extremely cold or windy outside. Consider adding a partial wall which will allow your Bluetick Coonhound to escape the unpleasant weather. Your animal can decide to just sleep in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved pet would probably appreciate having a cushion or some sort of pallet to sleep on.
How to Build a House for Your Bluetick Coonhound: Weather Resistant
3. To avoid rain entering the house make the floor just a little bit angled in the direction of the opening and construct the roof a little bit angled, as well. Make sure the dog house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the inside.
4. In the US most storms come from the south and west so ensure the dog house is facing a different direction. Most dog house blueprints suggest that the house entrance faces east. The cold air won’t be able to whip through the opening then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Bluetick Coonhound’s House
5. It’s recommended that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Bluetick Coonhound a house. This makes it simpler for you to empty out your Bluetick Coonhound’s house. You should clean the Bluetick Coonhound’s house as frequently as you give your Bluetick Coonhound a bath.
Bluetick Coonhound Dog House: Conclusion
If your Bluetick Coonhound lives outside then he needs to have a pleasant place to sleep and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these simple tips on building a dog house for your Bluetick Coonhound will help you begin.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Bluetick Coonhounds.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂