More than 50 percent of people permit their Berger Blanc Suisses to stay indoors and sleep on the sofa or in the bed. For those of you who are interested in how to build a dog house for your Berger Blanc Suisse, following are our simple rules to follow when determining what type of house you want to build for your Berger Blanc Suisse.
How to Build a House for Your Berger Blanc Suisse: Size
1. You should start your house building process by ensuring the house is large enough to accommodate your Berger Blanc Suisse’s potential adult size. As humans, we enjoy having around two feet of air above us in a room to live without feeling boxed in. Your Berger Blanc Suisse will probably also enjoy having that much space. The comfort zone for both humans and Berger Blanc Suisses is about a third of their standing height. To figure out how much room the Berger Blanc Suisse will need get out a ruler and measure your Berger Blanc Suisse. Measure him standing straight up, sitting on his haunches and especially measure the full dimension of the Berger Blanc Suisse when he is in the most relaxed, comfortable, and stretched out position he can get into. Your Berger Blanc Suisse should be able to see out the front door when both standing up and sitting. So the Berger Blanc Suisse will not have to significantly lower his front shoulders or scrape his tummy, make sure that door is high enough. Stand over the Berger Blanc Suisse and measure the breadth of the broadest point of the Berger Blanc Suisse’s shoulders.
Building a Dog House for Your Berger Blanc Suisse: Elevation
2. Don’t forget to elevate the house several inches from the ground to permit water and air to flow below. To discourage pests from entering the dog house, and taking your Berger Blanc Suisse’s health into consideration, remember how vital air circulation is. Put in a few nickel-sized openings in the panels underneath the eaves. Install a wind block inside the dog house so the Berger Blanc Suisse can use the warmth of its own body to heat the space if it is really cold or windy outside. Consider adding a partial panel which will permit your Berger Blanc Suisse to escape the unpleasant weather. Your animal can decide to just snooze in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved Berger Blanc Suisse would probably appreciate having a pillow or some sort of bedding to sleep on.
How to Build Your Berger Blanc Suisse a Dog House: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain coming into the house make the floor just a little bit angled toward the opening and build the roof a bit angled, as well. Make sure the house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the inside.
4. In the United States most storms come from the south and west so make sure the dog house faces a different direction. Most dog house blueprints suggest that the dog house door faces east. The cold air will not be able to rush through the door then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Berger Blanc Suisse’s House
5. It’s recommended that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Berger Blanc Suisse a dog house. This makes it simpler for you to empty your Berger Blanc Suisse’s house. You should empty out the Berger Blanc Suisse’s house as much as you give your Berger Blanc Suisse a bath.
Berger Blanc Suisse Dog House: Conclusion
If your Berger Blanc Suisse stays outside then he deserves to have a suitable place to snooze and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these simple tips on building a dog house for your Berger Blanc Suisse will help you begin.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Berger Blanc Suisses.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂