Over fifty percent of owners permit their Slovensky Kopovs to live inside and sleep on their sofa or in the bed. For those of y’all who are wondering how to build a dog house for your Slovensky Kopov, to follow are our easy rules to follow when figuring out what type of house you want to provide for your Slovensky Kopov.
How to Build a House for Your Slovensky Kopov: Size
1. You should start your house building process by making sure the house is big enough to fit your Slovensky Kopov’s potential mature size. People enjoy having around two feet of air overhead in a room in order to live without feeling claustrophobic. Your Slovensky Kopov will probably also appreciate having that much room. The target zone for both people and Slovensky Kopovs is approximately 33% of their standing height. To calculate how much room the Slovensky Kopov will need go get a tape measure and measure your Slovensky Kopov. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and especially measure the full dimension of the Slovensky Kopov when he is in the most stretched out, comfortable, and relaxed position he can get into. Your Slovensky Kopov should be able to see out the front door when both standing up and sitting. So the Slovensky Kopov will not have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his tummy, make sure that door is high enough. Stand above the Slovensky Kopov and measure the breadth of the widest point of the animal’s shoulders.
How to Build a Dog House for Your Slovensky Kopov: Elevation
2. Don’t forget to raise the house several inches from the ground to allow air and water to flow below. To dissuade pests from entering the dog house, and taking your Slovensky Kopov’s health into consideration, remember how vital air circulation is. Install a few nickel-sized holes in the walls underneath the eaves. Put a wind block inside the dog house so the Slovensky Kopov can use the heat of its body to warm up the area if it is really cold or breezy outside. Consider adding a partial panel which will permit your Slovensky Kopov to escape the bad weather. Your Slovensky Kopov can decide to just snooze in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved pet would probably love having a cushion or some sort of pallet to snooze on.
Building a Dog House for Your Slovensky Kopov: Weather Resistant
3. To avoid rain coming into the house make the floor just a bit tilted in the direction of the door and build the roof a little bit on an angle, as well. Make sure the house is well insulated but you should not paint the inside.
4. In the US most storms come from the south and west so make sure the house faces a different direction. Most dog house blueprints suggest that the dog house opening faces east. The cold air will not be able to rush through the entryway then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Slovensky Kopov’s House
5. It’s recommended that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Slovensky Kopov a house. This makes it simpler for you to empty out your Slovensky Kopov’s house. You should clean the Slovensky Kopov’s house as often as you give your Slovensky Kopov a bath.
Slovensky Kopov Dog House: Conclusion
If your Slovensky Kopov lives outside then he needs to have a pleasant place to snooze and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these simple tips on building a dog house for your Slovensky Kopov will help you start.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Slovensky Kopovs.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂