Over fifty percent of owners allows their Samoyeds to stay inside and sleep on the sofa or in the bed. For those of you guys who are wondering how to build a dog house for your Samoyed, below are our easy rules to follow when considering the type of shelter you want to build for your Samoyed.
How to Build Your Samoyed a House: Size
1. You should begin your house building process by making sure the house is large enough to fit your Samoyed’s potential adult size. We enjoy having approximately 2 feet of air above us in a room to live without feeling claustrophobic. Your Samoyed will probably also appreciate having that much room. The comfort zone for both humans and Samoyeds is around thrity-three percent of their standing height. To calculate how much room the Samoyed will need get out a ruler and measure your Samoyed. Measure him standing straight up, sitting on his haunches and above all measure the full dimension of the Samoyed when he is in the most stretched out, comfortable, and relaxed position he can get into. Your Samoyed should be able to peer out the front entrance when both sitting and standing. So the Samoyed won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or scrape his tummy, make sure that door is tall enough. Stand above the Samoyed and measure the breadth of the widest point of the Samoyed’s shoulders.
How to Build Your Samoyed a Dog House: Elevation
2. Remember to elevate the house several inches from the ground to allow air and water to flow underneath. To dissuade pests from entering the dog house, and taking your Samoyed’s health into consideration, remember how important fresh air is. Install a few nickel-sized holes in the walls underneath the eaves. Put a wind block inside the house so the Samoyed can use the heat of its own body to heat the area if it is really cold or windy outside. Consider adding a partial panel which will help your Samoyed to escape the inclement weather. Your animal can choose to just sleep in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved Samoyed would probably appreciate having a cushion or some sort of bedding to snooze on.
How to Build a Dog House for Your Samoyed: Weather Resistant
3. To avoid rain entering the dog house make the floor just a little bit angled in the direction of the entrance and construct the roof a bit tilted, as well. Ensure the house is well insulated but you should not paint the inside.
4. In America most storms come from the south and west so ensure the house faces a different direction. Most house blueprints recommend that the house opening faces east. The cold air will not be able to whip through the doorway then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Samoyed’s House
5. It’s suggested that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Samoyed a dog house. This makes it simpler for you to empty your Samoyed’s home. You should empty the Samoyed’s house as often as you give your Samoyed a bath.
Samoyed Dog House: Conclusion
If your Samoyed stays outside then he needs to have a pleasant place to snooze and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these straightforward tips on building a dog house for the Samoyed will help you begin.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Samoyeds.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂