Over 50% of the population permit their Kunming Wolfdogs to stay inside and sleep on the sofa or in the bed. For those of you all who are wondering how to build a dog house for your Kunming Wolfdog, here are our simple rules to follow when deciding the type of shelter you want to build for your Kunming Wolfdog.
How to Build Your Kunming Wolfdog a House: Size
1. You should begin your dog house building process by making sure the house is large enough to accommodate your Kunming Wolfdog’s potential mature size. We enjoy having about two feet of air overhead in a room to live without feeling boxed in. The Kunming Wolfdog will also appreciate having that much space. The target zone for both humans and Kunming Wolfdogs is about thrity-three percent of their standing height. To figure out how much room the Kunming Wolfdog will need go get a tape measure and measure your Kunming Wolfdog. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and most importantly measure the full dimension of the Kunming Wolfdog when he is in the most stretched out, comfortable, and relaxed position he can get into. Your Kunming Wolfdog should be able to look out the front door while both standing up and sitting. So the Kunming Wolfdog won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or scrape his belly, make sure that entrance is tall enough. Stand over the Kunming Wolfdog and measure the width of the widest point of the Kunming Wolfdog’s shoulders.
Building a House for Your Kunming Wolfdog: Elevation
2. Remember to raise the house several inches from the ground to allow air and water to flow underneath. To dissuade pests from invading the dog house, and taking your Kunming Wolfdog’s health into consideration, remember how important fresh air is. Put in a few nickel-sized openings in the panels under the eaves. Install a wind block inside the dog house so the Kunming Wolfdog can use the warmth of its body to heat up the space if it is really cold or breezy outside. Consider adding a partial panel which will help your Kunming Wolfdog to escape the bad weather. Your Kunming Wolfdog can choose to just sleep in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved pet would probably love having a cushion or some sort of bedding to sleep on.
Building a House for Your Kunming Wolfdog: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain entering the house make the floor just a little bit angled toward the door and build the roof a little bit tilted, as well. Make sure the house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the interior.
4. In America most storms come from the west and south so make sure the house faces a different direction. Most house blueprints suggest that the house entryway faces east. The cold air won’t be able to whip through the entrance then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Kunming Wolfdog’s House
5. It is recommended that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Kunming Wolfdog a dog house. This makes it simpler for you to empty your Kunming Wolfdog’s home. You should empty your Kunming Wolfdog’s house as frequently as you give your Kunming Wolfdog a bath.
Kunming Wolfdog Dog House: Conclusion
If your Kunming Wolfdog stays outside then he deserves to have a comfortable place to snooze and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these straightforward tips on building a dog house for the Kunming Wolfdog will help you begin.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Kunming Wolfdogs.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂