Over 50 percent of owners allows their Indian Spitzs to live inside and sleep on their couch or in their owner’s bed. For those of you who are wondering how to build a dog house for your Indian Spitz, here are our easy rules to follow when deciding the type of house you want to build for your Indian Spitz.
How to Build Your Indian Spitz a House: Size
1. You should begin your dog house building process by making sure the house is large enough to fit your Indian Spitz’s potential adult size. People enjoy having around two feet of air above us in a room in order to live without feeling claustrophobic. The Indian Spitz will probably also appreciate having that much room. The comfort zone for both humans and Indian Spitzs is approximately 1/3 of their standing height. To figure out how much room the Indian Spitz will need get a tape measure and measure your Indian Spitz. Measure him standing straight up, sitting on his haunches and especially measure the full dimension of the Indian Spitz when he is in the most relaxed, comfortable, and stretched out position he can get into. Your Indian Spitz should be able to peer out the front door while both sitting and standing. So the Indian Spitz won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or scrape his belly, make sure that entrance is tall enough. Stand over the Indian Spitz and measure the width of the broadest point of the Indian Spitz’s shoulders.
How to Build a House for Your Indian Spitz: Elevation
2. Don’t forget to raise the house several inches from the ground to permit air and water to flow underneath. To dissuade bugs from entering the house, and taking your Indian Spitz’s health into consideration, remember how important fresh air is. Put in a few nickel-sized openings in the walls below the eaves. Install a wind block inside the house so the Indian Spitz can use the warmth of its own body to heat up the space if it is really cold or breezy outside. Think about adding a partial panel which will permit your Indian Spitz to escape the nasty weather. Your Indian Spitz can choose to just sleep in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved Indian Spitz would probably love having a pillow or some sort of pallet to snooze on.
How to Build a Dog House for Your Indian Spitz: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain entering the house make the floor just a little bit slanted in the direction of the entryway and construct the roof a bit tilted, as well. Make sure the house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the inside.
4. In the United States most storms come from the west and south so make sure the house is facing a different direction. Most dog house blueprints recommend that the house door faces east. The cold air won’t be able to whip through the entrance then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Indian Spitz’s Dog House
5. It is recommended that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Indian Spitz a dog house. This makes it easier for you to empty out your Indian Spitz’s house. You should clean out the Indian Spitz’s house as much as you give your Indian Spitz a bath.
Indian Spitz Dog House: Conclusion
If your Indian Spitz lives outside then he needs to have a comfortable place to snooze and get away from harsh weather. Hopefully these straightforward tips on building a dog house for the Indian Spitz will help you start.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Indian Spitzs.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂