More than 50% of people allows their Griffon Bleu De Gascognes to live indoors and sleep on the sofa or in their owner’s bed. For those of y’all who are interested in how to build a dog house for your Griffon Bleu De Gascogne, here are some simple rules to follow when deciding the type of shelter you want to build for your Griffon Bleu De Gascogne.
Building Your Griffon Bleu De Gascogne a House: Size
1. You should begin your house building process by ensuring the house is large enough to accommodate your Griffon Bleu De Gascogne’s potential adult size. We enjoy having around two feet of air above us in a room to live without feeling claustrophobic. The Griffon Bleu De Gascogne will also appreciate having that much space. The target zone for both humans and Griffon Bleu De Gascognes is approximately 33 percent of their standing height. To calculate how much room the Griffon Bleu De Gascogne will need get a ruler and measure your Griffon Bleu De Gascogne. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and above all measure the full dimension of the Griffon Bleu De Gascogne when he is in the most stretched out, comfortable, and relaxed position he can get into. Your Griffon Bleu De Gascogne should be able to look out the front door when both standing up and sitting. So the Griffon Bleu De Gascogne will not have to significantly lower his front shoulders or scrape his belly, make sure that door is tall enough. Stand over the Griffon Bleu De Gascogne and measure the width of the broadest point of the animal’s shoulders.
How to Build Your Griffon Bleu De Gascogne a Dog House: Elevation
2. Remember to raise the dog house several inches from the ground to allow air and water to flow below. To discourage pests from entering the dog house, and taking your Griffon Bleu De Gascogne’s health into consideration, remember how vital ventilation is. Install a few nickel-sized openings in the walls under the eaves. Put a wind block inside the house so the Griffon Bleu De Gascogne can use the warmth of its body to warm up the area if it is really cold or windy outside. Consider adding a partial panel which will allow your Griffon Bleu De Gascogne to escape the inclement weather. Your animal can choose to just snooze in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved Griffon Bleu De Gascogne would probably appreciate having a pillow or some sort of bedding to sleep on.
How to Build a House for Your Griffon Bleu De Gascogne: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain entering the dog house make the floor just a little bit slanted in the direction of the entryway and construct the roof a bit on an angle, as well. Make sure the house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the inside.
4. In America most storms come from the west and south so ensure the house faces a different direction. Most house blueprints suggest that the house entrance faces east. The cold air will not be able to whip through the entrance then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Griffon Bleu De Gascogne’s Dog House
5. It is suggested that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Griffon Bleu De Gascogne a house. This makes it easier for you to clean your Griffon Bleu De Gascogne’s home. You should empty your Griffon Bleu De Gascogne’s house as frequently as you give your Griffon Bleu De Gascogne a bath.
Griffon Bleu De Gascogne Dog House: Conclusion
If your Griffon Bleu De Gascogne stays outside then he deserves to have a comfortable place to sleep and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these simple tips on building a dog house for your Griffon Bleu De Gascogne will help you begin.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Griffon Bleu De Gascognes.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂