Over 50% of owners permit their Carpathian Shepherd Dogs to live inside and sleep on the sofa or in their owner’s bed. For those of you who are interested in how to build a dog house for your Carpathian Shepherd Dog, here are our easy rules to follow when deciding the type of house you want to build for your Carpathian Shepherd Dog.
Building a House for Your Carpathian Shepherd Dog: Size
1. You should begin your house building process by making sure the house is big enough to accommodate your Carpathian Shepherd Dog’s potential mature size. People enjoy having around 2 feet of air above us in a room to live without feeling claustrophobic. The Carpathian Shepherd Dog will also enjoy having that much room. The target zone for both humans and Carpathian Shepherd Dogs is about 33 percent of their standing height. To calculate how much space the Carpathian Shepherd Dog will need get out a measuring tape and measure your Carpathian Shepherd Dog. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and above all measure the full dimension of the Carpathian Shepherd Dog when he is in the most stretched out, comfortable, and relaxed position he can get into. Your Carpathian Shepherd Dog should be able to look out the front door while both sitting and standing. So the Carpathian Shepherd Dog will not have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his tummy, make sure that entrance is tall enough. Stand over the Carpathian Shepherd Dog and measure the breadth of the widest point of the Carpathian Shepherd Dog’s shoulders.
How to Build a House for Your Carpathian Shepherd Dog: Elevation
2. Don’t forget to elevate the house several inches from the ground to permit air and water to flow below. To discourage bugs from entering the house, and taking your Carpathian Shepherd Dog’s health into consideration, remember how vital air circulation is. Put in a few nickel-sized openings in the panels below the eaves. Put a wind block inside the dog house so the Carpathian Shepherd Dog can use the warmth of its body to warm up the space if it is really cold or breezy outside. Think about adding a partial wall which will allow your Carpathian Shepherd Dog to escape the unpleasant weather. Your Carpathian Shepherd Dog can choose to just sleep in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved pet would probably love having a pillow or some sort of pallet to sleep on.
How to Build a House for Your Carpathian Shepherd Dog: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain entering the house make the floor just a bit angled toward the door and construct the roof a little bit tilted, as well. Ensure the dog house is well insulated but you should not paint the inside.
4. In America most storms come from the south and west so make sure the dog house is facing a different direction. Most house blueprints recommend that the house doorway faces east. The cold air will not be able to rush through the opening then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Carpathian Shepherd Dog’s House
5. It is suggested that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Carpathian Shepherd Dog a dog house. This makes it simpler for you to clean your Carpathian Shepherd Dog’s home. You should clean out your Carpathian Shepherd Dog’s house as frequently as you give your Carpathian Shepherd Dog a bath.
Carpathian Shepherd Dog Dog House: Conclusion
If your Carpathian Shepherd Dog lives outside then he deserves to have a pleasant place to sleep and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these simple tips on building a dog house for your Carpathian Shepherd Dog will help you get started.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Carpathian Shepherd Dogs.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂