Greater than fifty percent of the population allows their Blackmouth Curs to stay indoors and sleep on the couch or in the owner’s bed. For those of y’all who are wanting to know how to build a dog house for your Blackmouth Cur, below are our easy rules to follow when determining what type of shelter you want to provide for your Blackmouth Cur.
Building Your Blackmouth Cur a House: Size
1. You should begin your house building process by making sure the house is big enough to accommodate your Blackmouth Cur’s potential adult size. People enjoy having around two feet of air overhead in a room to live without feeling claustrophobic. The Blackmouth Cur will also appreciate having that much room. The comfort zone for both people and Blackmouth Curs is about a third of their standing height. To calculate how much space the Blackmouth Cur will need get out a ruler and measure your Blackmouth Cur. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and most importantly measure the full dimension of the Blackmouth Cur when he is in the most stretched out, comfortable, and relaxed position he can get into. Your Blackmouth Cur should be able to gaze out the front entrance while both standing up and sitting. So the Blackmouth Cur won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or scrape his tummy, make sure that entrance is tall enough. Stand above the Blackmouth Cur and measure the width of the widest point of the Blackmouth Cur’s shoulders.
Building Your Blackmouth Cur a House: Elevation
2. Don’t forget to raise the house several inches from the ground to permit water and air to flow below. To dissuade bugs from entering the dog house, and taking your Blackmouth Cur’s health into consideration, remember how important air circulation is. Put in a few nickel-sized holes in the panels underneath the eaves. Put a wind block inside the house so the Blackmouth Cur can use the warmth of its body to heat up the space if it is very cold or breezy outside. Think about adding a partial wall which will allow your Blackmouth Cur to escape the inclement weather. Your animal can choose to just sleep in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved pet would probably love having a pillow or some sort of pallet to sleep on.
How to Build a Dog House for Your Blackmouth Cur: Weather Resistant
3. To avoid rain coming into the dog house make the floor just a little bit angled toward the entrance and build the roof a bit on an angle, as well. Ensure the house is well insulated but you should not paint the inside.
4. In the United States most storms come from the south and west so make sure the house faces a different direction. Most house blueprints recommend that the house door faces east. The cold air will not be able to whip through the doorway then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Blackmouth Cur’s Dog House
5. It’s recommended that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Blackmouth Cur a house. This makes it simpler for you to clean your Blackmouth Cur’s house. You should empty your Blackmouth Cur’s house as much as you give your Blackmouth Cur a bath.
Blackmouth Cur Dog House: Conclusion
If your Blackmouth Cur lives outdoors then he needs to have a comfortable place to snooze and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these easy tips on building a dog house for your Blackmouth Cur will help you begin.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Blackmouth Curs.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂