Over 50 percent of people permit their Basset Bleu De Gascognes to stay indoors and sleep on the sofa or in the bed. For those of you guys who are wondering how to build a dog house for your Basset Bleu De Gascogne, below are our easy rules to follow when deciding the type of house you want to provide for your Basset Bleu De Gascogne.
Building a Dog House for Your Basset Bleu De Gascogne: Size
1. You should start your house building process by making sure the house is big enough to fit your Basset Bleu De Gascogne’s potential mature size. People enjoy having about 2 feet of air overhead in a room in order to live without feeling boxed in. Your Basset Bleu De Gascogne will probably also enjoy having that much room. The comfort zone for both people and Basset Bleu De Gascognes is approximately thrity-three percent of their standing height. To figure out how much space the Basset Bleu De Gascogne will need go get a ruler and measure your Basset Bleu De Gascogne. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and above all measure the full dimension of the Basset Bleu De Gascogne when he is in the most stretched out, comfortable, and relaxed position he can get into. Your Basset Bleu De Gascogne should be able to gaze out the front door when both sitting and standing. So the Basset Bleu De Gascogne will not have to significantly lower his front shoulders or scrape his tummy, make sure that entrance is high enough. Stand above the Basset Bleu De Gascogne and measure the width of the broadest point of the Basset Bleu De Gascogne’s shoulders.
Building a Dog House for Your Basset Bleu De Gascogne: Elevation
2. Don’t forget to elevate the house several inches from the ground to allow water and air to flow below. To dissuade bugs from entering the house, and taking your Basset Bleu De Gascogne’s health into consideration, remember how important air circulation is. Install a few nickel-sized openings in the walls below the eaves. Put a wind block inside the house so the Basset Bleu De Gascogne can use the heat of its own body to heat the space if it is really cold or breezy outside. Think about adding a partial wall which will help your Basset Bleu De Gascogne to escape the nasty weather. Your Basset Bleu De Gascogne can choose to just snooze in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved Basset Bleu De Gascogne would probably appreciate having a cushion or some sort of bedding to snooze on.
How to Build a House for Your Basset Bleu De Gascogne: Weather Resistant
3. To avoid rain coming into the house make the floor just a bit angled toward the entryway and build the roof a bit on an angle, as well. Ensure the house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the inside.
4. In America most storms come from the south and west so ensure the dog house is facing a different direction. Most dog house plans suggest that the house entryway faces east. The cold air will not be able to whip through the entryway then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Basset Bleu De Gascogne’s Dog House
5. It’s recommended that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Basset Bleu De Gascogne a house. This makes it simpler for you to empty your Basset Bleu De Gascogne’s home. You should clean your Basset Bleu De Gascogne’s house as often as you give your Basset Bleu De Gascogne a bath.
Basset Bleu De Gascogne Dog House: Conclusion
If your Basset Bleu De Gascogne stays outdoors then he needs to have a comfortable place to sleep and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these easy tips on building a dog house for your Basset Bleu De Gascogne will help you get going.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Basset Bleu De Gascognes.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂