Over 50% of the population allows their Alaskan Klee Kais to live indoors and sleep on the couch or in their owner’s bed. For those of you all who are wanting to know how to build a dog house for your Alaskan Klee Kai, below are some easy rules to follow when determining what type of house you want to provide for your Alaskan Klee Kai.
How to Build a Dog House for Your Alaskan Klee Kai: Size
1. You should begin your house building process by making sure the house is large enough to fit your Alaskan Klee Kai’s potential adult size. Humans enjoy having approximately two feet of air above us in a room to live without feeling claustrophobic. Your Alaskan Klee Kai will also enjoy having that much space. The target zone for both humans and Alaskan Klee Kais is around 33 percent of their standing height. To figure out how much room the Alaskan Klee Kai will need get out a tape measure and measure your Alaskan Klee Kai. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and above all measure the full dimension of the Alaskan Klee Kai when he is in the most relaxed, comfortable, and stretched out position he can get into. Your Alaskan Klee Kai should be able to see out the front entrance while both sitting and standing. So the Alaskan Klee Kai will not have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his belly, make sure that entrance is high enough. Stand over the Alaskan Klee Kai and measure the breadth of the broadest point of the animal’s shoulders.
Building Your Alaskan Klee Kai a Dog House: Elevation
2. Remember to elevate the house several inches from the ground to permit water and air to flow below. To dissuade bugs from entering the dog house, and taking your Alaskan Klee Kai’s health into consideration, remember how vital ventilation is. Install a few nickel-sized openings in the walls under the eaves. Put a wind block inside the dog house so the Alaskan Klee Kai can use the heat of its body to heat up the space if it is extremely cold or breezy outside. Consider adding a partial wall which will allow your Alaskan Klee Kai to escape the nasty weather. Your Alaskan Klee Kai can choose to just snooze in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved Alaskan Klee Kai would probably appreciate having a cushion or some sort of bedding to snooze on.
How to Build Your Alaskan Klee Kai a House: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain coming into the house make the floor just a little bit angled in the direction of the opening and build the roof a little bit angled, as well. Make sure the house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the inside.
4. In the United States most storms come from the west and south so make sure the house is facing a different direction. Most dog house blueprints suggest that the dog house entrance faces east. The cold air won’t be able to whip through the entryway then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Alaskan Klee Kai’s House
5. It is suggested that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Alaskan Klee Kai a house. This makes it easier for you to empty out your Alaskan Klee Kai’s house. You should clean the Alaskan Klee Kai’s house as frequently as you give your Alaskan Klee Kai a bath.
Alaskan Klee Kai Dog House: Conclusion
If your Alaskan Klee Kai lives outside then he needs to have a pleasant place to sleep and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these simple tips on building a dog house for the Alaskan Klee Kai will help you begin.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Alaskan Klee Kais.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂