More than fifty percent of people permit their Sarplaninacs to live indoors and sleep on the sofa or in the bed. For those of you guys who are wanting to know how to build a dog house for your Sarplaninac, to follow are some easy rules to follow when considering the type of shelter you want to build for your Sarplaninac.
Building a Dog House for Your Sarplaninac: Size
1. You should start your dog house building process by ensuring the house is big enough to accommodate your Sarplaninac’s potential mature size. People enjoy having approximately 2 feet of air overhead in a room in order to live without feeling boxed in. Your Sarplaninac will also enjoy having that much space. The comfort zone for both humans and Sarplaninacs is about 1/3 of their standing height. To figure out how much room the Sarplaninac will need get out a measuring tape and measure your Sarplaninac. Measure him standing straight up, sitting on his haunches and especially measure the full dimension of the Sarplaninac when he is in the most stretched out, comfortable, and relaxed position he can get into. Your Sarplaninac should be able to gaze out the front entrance when both sitting and standing. So the Sarplaninac won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his belly, make sure that door is high enough. Stand over the Sarplaninac and measure the width of the widest point of the animal’s shoulders.
Building Your Sarplaninac a House: Elevation
2. Don’t forget to raise the dog house several inches from the ground to allow air and water to flow below. To discourage pests from invading the house, and taking your Sarplaninac’s health into consideration, remember how vital air circulation is. Put in a few nickel-sized holes in the walls below the eaves. Install a wind block inside the house so the Sarplaninac can use the heat of its body to heat the area if it is very cold or breezy outside. Consider adding a partial wall which will permit your Sarplaninac to escape the inclement weather. Your Sarplaninac can decide to just sleep in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved pet would probably appreciate having a pillow or some sort of pallet to sleep on.
Building a House for Your Sarplaninac: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain coming into the house make the floor just a bit tilted in the direction of the entrance and build the roof a little bit on an angle, as well. Make sure the house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the inside.
4. In the United States most storms come from the west and south so ensure the dog house faces a different direction. Most dog house plans suggest that the dog house opening faces east. The cold air will not be able to rush through the entryway then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Sarplaninac’s House
5. It’s recommended that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Sarplaninac a dog house. This makes it easier for you to empty your Sarplaninac’s home. You should clean your Sarplaninac’s house as frequently as you give your Sarplaninac a bath.
Sarplaninac Dog House: Conclusion
If your Sarplaninac lives outside then he needs to have a suitable place to sleep and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these easy tips on building a dog house for the Sarplaninac will help you begin.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Sarplaninacs.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂