Greater than 50% of owners allows their Polish Greyhounds to stay inside and sleep on the sofa or in the bed. For those of y’all who are wanting to know how to build a dog house for your Polish Greyhound, here are some easy rules to follow when considering the type of shelter you want to provide for your Polish Greyhound.
How to Build Your Polish Greyhound a Dog House: Size
1. You should start your dog house building process by ensuring the house is large enough to accommodate your Polish Greyhound’s potential mature size. People enjoy having about two feet of air above us in a room to live without feeling boxed in. Your Polish Greyhound will probably also appreciate having that much room. The comfort zone for both humans and Polish Greyhounds is around a third of their standing height. To figure out how much room the Polish Greyhound will need go get a tape measure and measure your Polish Greyhound. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and especially measure the full dimension of the Polish Greyhound when he is in the most relaxed, comfortable, and stretched out position he can get into. Your Polish Greyhound should be able to gaze out the front door when both sitting and standing. So the Polish Greyhound will not have to significantly lower his front shoulders or scrape his tummy, make sure that door is high enough. Stand above the Polish Greyhound and measure the width of the widest point of the Polish Greyhound’s shoulders.
Building Your Polish Greyhound a House: Elevation
2. Don’t forget to elevate the house several inches from the ground to allow water and air to flow underneath. To dissuade bugs from entering the dog house, and taking your Polish Greyhound’s health into consideration, remember how important ventilation is. Install a few nickel-sized openings in the walls under the eaves. Put a wind block inside the dog house so the Polish Greyhound can use the heat of its body to heat the area if it is really cold or breezy outside. Consider adding a partial panel which will help your Polish Greyhound to escape the nasty weather. Your Polish Greyhound can choose to just sleep in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved pet would probably love having a cushion or some sort of pallet to snooze on.
How to Build a Dog House for Your Polish Greyhound: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain coming into the dog house make the floor just a bit slanted toward the opening and construct the roof a bit tilted, as well. Ensure the house is well insulated but you should not paint the inside.
4. In America most storms come from the west and south so ensure the house faces a different direction. Most dog house blueprints suggest that the house entryway faces east. The cold air won’t be able to rush through the entryway then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Polish Greyhound’s Dog House
5. It’s suggested that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Polish Greyhound a house. This makes it simpler for you to clean out your Polish Greyhound’s house. You should clean the Polish Greyhound’s house as often as you give your Polish Greyhound a bath.
Polish Greyhound Dog House: Conclusion
If your Polish Greyhound lives outside then he deserves to have a pleasant place to sleep and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these easy tips on building a dog house for your Polish Greyhound will help you get going.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Polish Greyhounds.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂