Greater than fifty percent of people permit their Perro De Presa Canarios to stay indoors and sleep on the couch or in their owner’s bed. For those of you all who are interested in how to build a dog house for your Perro De Presa Canario, below are some simple rules to follow when considering the type of shelter you want to provide for your Perro De Presa Canario.
How to Build Your Perro De Presa Canario a Dog House: Size
1. You should begin your dog house building process by making sure the house is big enough to fit your Perro De Presa Canario’s potential adult size. As humans, we enjoy having around 2 feet of air overhead in a room to live without feeling boxed in. The Perro De Presa Canario will probably also appreciate having that much room. The target zone for both humans and Perro De Presa Canarios is approximately 33% of their standing height. To figure out how much space the Perro De Presa Canario will need go get a measuring tape and measure your Perro De Presa Canario. Measure him standing straight up, sitting on his haunches and above all measure the full dimension of the Perro De Presa Canario when he is in the most comfortable, relaxed and stretched out position he can get into. Your Perro De Presa Canario should be able to look out the front door while both standing up and sitting. So the Perro De Presa Canario won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his stomach, make sure that door is high enough. Stand above the Perro De Presa Canario and measure the breadth of the widest point of the animal’s shoulders.
Building Your Perro De Presa Canario a Dog House: Elevation
2. Remember to raise the house several inches from the ground to permit air and water to flow underneath. To discourage pests from entering the house, and taking your Perro De Presa Canario’s health into consideration, remember how important ventilation is. Put in a few nickel-sized openings in the walls below the eaves. Install a wind block inside the house so the Perro De Presa Canario can use the warmth of its own body to warm up the area if it is extremely cold or windy outside. Consider adding a partial panel which will permit your Perro De Presa Canario to escape the bad weather. Your animal can choose to just sleep in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved Perro De Presa Canario would probably appreciate having a cushion or some sort of bedding to snooze on.
How to Build a House for Your Perro De Presa Canario: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain coming into the house make the floor just a little bit slanted toward the doorway and build the roof a bit on an angle, as well. Ensure the house is well insulated but you should not paint the interior.
4. In America most storms come from the west and south so ensure the dog house is facing a different direction. Most house blueprints recommend that the house door faces east. The cold air will not be able to rush through the opening then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Perro De Presa Canario’s House
5. It is suggested that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Perro De Presa Canario a house. This makes it easier for you to clean out your Perro De Presa Canario’s home. You should empty the Perro De Presa Canario’s house as often as you give your Perro De Presa Canario a bath.
Perro De Presa Canario Dog House: Conclusion
If your Perro De Presa Canario stays outside then he deserves to have a comfortable place to snooze and get away from harsh weather. Hopefully these simple tips on building a dog house for the Perro De Presa Canario will help you start.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Perro De Presa Canarios.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂