Greater than 50% of owners permit their Labrador Huskys to live indoors and sleep on the sofa or in the owner’s bed. For those of you all who are wanting to know how to build a dog house for your Labrador Husky, to follow are some easy rules to follow when considering what type of house you want to provide for your Labrador Husky.
How to Build Your Labrador Husky a Dog House: Size
1. You should begin your house building process by ensuring the house is big enough to fit your Labrador Husky’s potential mature size. People enjoy having around two feet of air overhead in a room in order to live without feeling claustrophobic. The Labrador Husky will probably also appreciate having that much space. The target zone for both people and Labrador Huskys is approximately a third of their standing height. To calculate how much room the Labrador Husky will need get out a measuring tape and measure your Labrador Husky. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and most importantly measure the full dimension of the Labrador Husky when he is in the most comfortable, relaxed and stretched out position he can get into. Your Labrador Husky should be able to look out the front door when both standing up and sitting. So the Labrador Husky won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or scrape his stomach, make sure that entrance is tall enough. Stand over the Labrador Husky and measure the breadth of the broadest point of the animal’s shoulders.
How to Build a Dog House for Your Labrador Husky: Elevation
2. Remember to elevate the dog house several inches from the ground to allow water and air to flow below. To dissuade bugs from entering the house, and taking your Labrador Husky’s health into consideration, remember how important fresh air is. Install a few nickel-sized openings in the walls below the eaves. Install a wind block inside the house so the Labrador Husky can use the heat of its own body to heat up the space if it is extremely cold or breezy outside. Think about adding a partial wall which will permit your Labrador Husky to escape the nasty weather. Your Labrador Husky can choose to just sleep in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved pet would probably appreciate having a cushion or some sort of pallet to snooze on.
How to Build a House for Your Labrador Husky: Weather Resistant
3. To avoid rain coming into the dog house make the floor just a bit slanted in the direction of the entrance and construct the roof a bit tilted, as well. Ensure the dog house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the interior.
4. In the United States most storms come from the south and west so make sure the house faces a different direction. Most dog house blueprints recommend that the house entrance faces east. The cold air won’t be able to rush through the opening then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Labrador Husky’s House
5. It is recommended that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Labrador Husky a dog house. This makes it easier for you to clean out your Labrador Husky’s house. You should empty your Labrador Husky’s house as much as you give your Labrador Husky a bath.
Labrador Husky Dog House: Conclusion
If your Labrador Husky lives outside then he deserves to have a comfortable place to sleep and get away from harsh weather. Hopefully these simple tips on building a dog house for the Labrador Husky will help you start.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Labrador Huskys.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂