More than 50 percent of owners permit their Indian Pariah Dogs to live inside and sleep on their sofa or in the bed. For those of you all who are wondering how to build a dog house for your Indian Pariah Dog, following are our simple rules to follow when deciding what type of house you want to provide for your Indian Pariah Dog.
How to Build a House for Your Indian Pariah Dog: Size
1. You should begin your dog house building process by making sure the house is large enough to fit your Indian Pariah Dog’s potential adult size. As humans, we enjoy having about 2 feet of air overhead in a room to live without feeling claustrophobic. Your Indian Pariah Dog will also appreciate having that much room. The comfort zone for both people and Indian Pariah Dogs is around a third of their standing height. To figure out how much space the Indian Pariah Dog will need get a ruler and measure your Indian Pariah Dog. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and especially measure the full dimension of the Indian Pariah Dog when he is in the most comfortable, relaxed and stretched out position he can get into. Your Indian Pariah Dog should be able to gaze out the front door while both sitting and standing. So the Indian Pariah Dog won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his tummy, make sure that entrance is tall enough. Stand over the Indian Pariah Dog and measure the breadth of the broadest point of the animal’s shoulders.
Building Your Indian Pariah Dog a House: Elevation
2. Remember to elevate the dog house several inches from the ground to allow air and water to flow underneath. To discourage bugs from invading the house, and taking your Indian Pariah Dog’s health into consideration, remember how important fresh air is. Put in a few nickel-sized holes in the walls underneath the eaves. Install a wind block inside the house so the Indian Pariah Dog can use the heat of its body to heat the area if it is really cold or breezy outside. Think about adding a partial wall which will allow your Indian Pariah Dog to escape the inclement weather. Your animal can decide to just sleep in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved Indian Pariah Dog would probably love having a cushion or some sort of bedding to snooze on.
How to Build Your Indian Pariah Dog a House: Weather Resistant
3. To avoid rain entering the dog house make the floor just a little bit tilted toward the doorway and build the roof a little bit on an angle, as well. Ensure the dog house is well insulated but you should not paint the inside.
4. In America most storms come from the west and south so ensure the dog house faces a different direction. Most house plans recommend that the house opening faces east. The cold air will not be able to whip through the door then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Indian Pariah Dog’s House
5. It is suggested that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Indian Pariah Dog a house. This makes it easier for you to clean your Indian Pariah Dog’s house. You should empty your Indian Pariah Dog’s house as frequently as you give your Indian Pariah Dog a bath.
Indian Pariah Dog Dog House: Conclusion
If your Indian Pariah Dog lives outdoors then he deserves to have a suitable place to snooze and get away from harsh weather. Hopefully these straightforward tips on building a dog house for your Indian Pariah Dog will help you begin.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Indian Pariah Dogs.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂