More than fifty percent of owners permit their Hygenhunds to stay indoors and sleep on their sofa or in the owner’s bed. For those of you all who are wanting to know how to build a dog house for your Hygenhund, here are our easy rules to follow when determining the type of house you want to build for your Hygenhund.
Building Your Hygenhund a Dog House: Size
1. You should begin your house building process by making sure the house is large enough to accommodate your Hygenhund’s potential mature size. As humans, we enjoy having about 2 feet of air overhead in a room in order to live without feeling boxed in. Your Hygenhund will also enjoy having that much room. The target zone for both people and Hygenhunds is approximately a third of their standing height. To figure out how much room the Hygenhund will need go get a ruler and measure your Hygenhund. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and above all measure the full dimension of the Hygenhund when he is in the most relaxed, comfortable, and stretched out position he can get into. Your Hygenhund should be able to peer out the front entrance when both sitting and standing. So the Hygenhund won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his stomach, make sure that entrance is high enough. Stand above the Hygenhund and measure the width of the widest point of the animal’s shoulders.
How to Build Your Hygenhund a House: Elevation
2. Remember to raise the house several inches from the ground to permit water and air to flow underneath. To discourage pests from entering the house, and taking your Hygenhund’s health into consideration, remember how vital air circulation is. Install a few nickel-sized holes in the walls underneath the eaves. Put a wind block inside the house so the Hygenhund can use the heat of its body to warm the space if it is very cold or breezy outside. Consider adding a partial panel which will permit your Hygenhund to escape the nasty weather. Your animal can decide to just sleep in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved pet would probably love having a pillow or some sort of pallet to snooze on.
Building a House for Your Hygenhund: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain entering the house make the floor just a bit slanted toward the opening and construct the roof a little bit on an angle, as well. Ensure the house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the interior.
4. In America most storms come from the west and south so make sure the dog house is facing a different direction. Most house plans suggest that the house doorway faces east. The cold air will not be able to whip through the doorway then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Hygenhund’s Dog House
5. It’s suggested that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Hygenhund a dog house. This makes it easier for you to empty your Hygenhund’s home. You should empty out the Hygenhund’s house as much as you give your Hygenhund a bath.
Hygenhund Dog House: Conclusion
If your Hygenhund stays outside then he deserves to have a comfortable place to sleep and get away from harsh weather. Hopefully these simple tips on building a dog house for your Hygenhund will help you get going.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Hygenhunds.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂