Greater than 50 percent of people allows their Hortaya Borzayas to live indoors and sleep on their couch or in their owner’s bed. For those of you all who are wondering how to build a dog house for your Hortaya Borzaya, below are our simple rules to follow when deciding the type of house you want to build for your Hortaya Borzaya.
Building Your Hortaya Borzaya a Dog House: Size
1. You should begin your dog house building process by ensuring the house is large enough to fit your Hortaya Borzaya’s potential mature size. Humans enjoy having around two feet of air overhead in a room in order to live without feeling claustrophobic. The Hortaya Borzaya will also appreciate having that much space. The comfort zone for both humans and Hortaya Borzayas is about 1/3 of their standing height. To figure out how much space the Hortaya Borzaya will need get out a ruler and measure your Hortaya Borzaya. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and most importantly measure the full dimension of the Hortaya Borzaya when he is in the most stretched out, comfortable, and relaxed position he can get into. Your Hortaya Borzaya should be able to peer out the front entrance while both standing up and sitting. So the Hortaya Borzaya won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his belly, make sure that entrance is tall enough. Stand over the Hortaya Borzaya and measure the breadth of the widest point of the Hortaya Borzaya’s shoulders.
Building Your Hortaya Borzaya a Dog House: Elevation
2. Remember to elevate the dog house several inches from the ground to permit air and water to flow below. To dissuade bugs from invading the house, and taking your Hortaya Borzaya’s health into consideration, remember how vital fresh air is. Install a few nickel-sized openings in the panels below the eaves. Put a wind block inside the house so the Hortaya Borzaya can use the warmth of its own body to warm up the space if it is extremely cold or windy outside. Think about adding a partial panel which will allow your Hortaya Borzaya to escape the nasty weather. Your animal can decide to just sleep in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved pet would probably love having a pillow or some sort of bedding to snooze on.
How to Build a House for Your Hortaya Borzaya: Weather Resistant
3. To avoid rain entering the dog house make the floor just a bit slanted in the direction of the opening and construct the roof a bit slanted, as well. Ensure the house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the inside.
4. In the US most storms come from the south and west so ensure the house is facing a different direction. Most dog house blueprints suggest that the house entryway faces east. The cold air will not be able to whip through the opening then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Hortaya Borzaya’s Dog House
5. It’s recommended that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Hortaya Borzaya a house. This makes it simpler for you to clean your Hortaya Borzaya’s house. You should empty the Hortaya Borzaya’s house as often as you give your Hortaya Borzaya a bath.
Hortaya Borzaya Dog House: Conclusion
If your Hortaya Borzaya lives outside then he needs to have a pleasant place to snooze and get away from harsh weather. Hopefully these simple tips on building a dog house for the Hortaya Borzaya will help you start.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Hortaya Borzayas.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂