Over 50% of the population permit their Cao De Castro Laboreiros to live indoors and sleep on their couch or in their owner’s bed. For those of you all who are interested in how to build a dog house for your Cao De Castro Laboreiro, following are our simple rules to follow when figuring out what type of house you want to provide for your Cao De Castro Laboreiro.
How to Build a House for Your Cao De Castro Laboreiro: Size
1. You should begin your dog house building process by ensuring the house is large enough to accommodate your Cao De Castro Laboreiro’s potential adult size. As humans, we enjoy having around two feet of air overhead in a room to live without feeling claustrophobic. The Cao De Castro Laboreiro will also appreciate having that much room. The target zone for both people and Cao De Castro Laboreiros is about thrity-three percent of their standing height. To figure out how much space the Cao De Castro Laboreiro will need get out a tape measure and measure your Cao De Castro Laboreiro. Measure him standing straight up, sitting on his haunches and above all measure the full dimension of the Cao De Castro Laboreiro when he is in the most comfortable, relaxed and stretched out position he can get into. Your Cao De Castro Laboreiro should be able to gaze out the front entrance while both sitting and standing. So the Cao De Castro Laboreiro won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or scrape his belly, make sure that entrance is high enough. Stand above the Cao De Castro Laboreiro and measure the breadth of the broadest point of the Cao De Castro Laboreiro’s shoulders.
How to Build a House for Your Cao De Castro Laboreiro: Elevation
2. Remember to raise the house several inches from the ground to allow water and air to flow underneath. To dissuade bugs from entering the dog house, and taking your Cao De Castro Laboreiro’s health into consideration, remember how important ventilation is. Install a few nickel-sized holes in the panels underneath the eaves. Install a wind block inside the dog house so the Cao De Castro Laboreiro can use the warmth of its body to heat the area if it is really cold or windy outside. Consider adding a partial panel which will help your Cao De Castro Laboreiro to escape the inclement weather. Your Cao De Castro Laboreiro can choose to just snooze in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved Cao De Castro Laboreiro would probably appreciate having a cushion or some sort of pallet to sleep on.
How to Build a House for Your Cao De Castro Laboreiro: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain coming into the dog house make the floor just a bit angled toward the entrance and build the roof a bit angled, as well. Ensure the house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the interior.
4. In the United States most storms come from the west and south so make sure the dog house faces a different direction. Most house blueprints recommend that the house entryway faces east. The cold air will not be able to whip through the doorway then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Cao De Castro Laboreiro’s House
5. It is recommended that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Cao De Castro Laboreiro a house. This makes it easier for you to empty out your Cao De Castro Laboreiro’s home. You should clean your Cao De Castro Laboreiro’s house as often as you give your Cao De Castro Laboreiro a bath.
Cao De Castro Laboreiro Dog House: Conclusion
If your Cao De Castro Laboreiro lives outdoors then he deserves to have a pleasant place to sleep and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these easy tips on building a dog house for the Cao De Castro Laboreiro will help you begin.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Cao De Castro Laboreiros.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂