Over 50% of the population permit their Braque Du Puys to live inside and sleep on their couch or in the owner’s bed. For those of you guys who are wanting to know how to build a dog house for your Braque Du Puy, here are some easy rules to follow when considering what type of house you want to provide for your Braque Du Puy.
Building a Dog House for Your Braque Du Puy: Size
1. You should begin your house building process by making sure the house is large enough to accommodate your Braque Du Puy’s potential mature size. Humans enjoy having about two feet of air overhead in a room in order to live without feeling claustrophobic. Your Braque Du Puy will also enjoy having that much space. The target zone for both people and Braque Du Puys is around a third of their standing height. To calculate how much room the Braque Du Puy will need get out a tape measure and measure your Braque Du Puy. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and especially measure the full dimension of the Braque Du Puy when he is in the most stretched out, comfortable, and relaxed position he can get into. Your Braque Du Puy should be able to see out the front door when both standing up and sitting. So the Braque Du Puy will not have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his belly, make sure that door is tall enough. Stand above the Braque Du Puy and measure the width of the widest point of the Braque Du Puy’s shoulders.
How to Build Your Braque Du Puy a House: Elevation
2. Don’t forget to elevate the house several inches from the ground to permit water and air to flow underneath. To discourage bugs from entering the house, and taking your Braque Du Puy’s health into consideration, remember how vital fresh air is. Install a few nickel-sized holes in the panels underneath the eaves. Put a wind block inside the dog house so the Braque Du Puy can use the warmth of its body to heat the area if it is really cold or breezy outside. Consider adding a partial wall which will help your Braque Du Puy to escape the inclement weather. Your Braque Du Puy can choose to just sleep in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved Braque Du Puy would probably appreciate having a cushion or some sort of pallet to snooze on.
Building a Dog House for Your Braque Du Puy: Weather Resistant
3. To avoid rain entering the house make the floor just a little bit angled toward the doorway and construct the roof a little bit slanted, as well. Make sure the house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the interior.
4. In America most storms come from the west and south so make sure the house faces a different direction. Most dog house plans suggest that the dog house opening faces east. The cold air will not be able to whip through the entrance then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Braque Du Puy’s House
5. It’s recommended that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Braque Du Puy a dog house. This makes it simpler for you to empty your Braque Du Puy’s home. You should empty out your Braque Du Puy’s house as frequently as you give your Braque Du Puy a bath.
Braque Du Puy Dog House: Conclusion
If your Braque Du Puy lives outside then he deserves to have a pleasant place to sleep and get away from harsh weather. Hopefully these easy tips on building a dog house for your Braque Du Puy will help you begin.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Braque Du Puys.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂