Greater than 50 percent of owners allows their Bouvier Des Ardenness to stay indoors and sleep on their sofa or in the bed. For those of you who are interested in how to build a dog house for your Bouvier Des Ardennes, to follow are some simple rules to follow when deciding what type of house you want to provide for your Bouvier Des Ardennes.
Building Your Bouvier Des Ardennes a Dog House: Size
1. You should begin your house building process by ensuring the house is large enough to fit your Bouvier Des Ardennes’s potential adult size. As humans, we enjoy having about 2 feet of air above us in a room in order to live without feeling claustrophobic. Your Bouvier Des Ardennes will also appreciate having that much room. The target zone for both people and Bouvier Des Ardenness is about a third of their standing height. To figure out how much space the Bouvier Des Ardennes will need go get a measuring tape and measure your Bouvier Des Ardennes. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and especially measure the full dimension of the Bouvier Des Ardennes when he is in the most relaxed, comfortable, and stretched out position he can get into. Your Bouvier Des Ardennes should be able to look out the front door while both standing up and sitting. So the Bouvier Des Ardennes will not have to significantly lower his front shoulders or scrape his stomach, make sure that entrance is high enough. Stand above the Bouvier Des Ardennes and measure the width of the broadest point of the animal’s shoulders.
Building Your Bouvier Des Ardennes a Dog House: Elevation
2. Don’t forget to raise the dog house several inches from the ground to permit air and water to flow below. To discourage pests from entering the dog house, and taking your Bouvier Des Ardennes’s health into consideration, remember how vital air circulation is. Put in a few nickel-sized holes in the walls below the eaves. Install a wind block inside the house so the Bouvier Des Ardennes can use the warmth of its body to warm up the space if it is really cold or windy outside. Consider adding a partial panel which will allow your Bouvier Des Ardennes to escape the bad weather. Your Bouvier Des Ardennes can decide to just snooze in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved Bouvier Des Ardennes would probably love having a cushion or some sort of pallet to snooze on.
Building a Dog House for Your Bouvier Des Ardennes: Weather Resistant
3. To avoid rain coming into the dog house make the floor just a little bit slanted in the direction of the opening and build the roof a bit angled, as well. Ensure the dog house is well insulated but you should not paint the inside.
4. In the United States most storms come from the west and south so make sure the dog house is facing a different direction. Most dog house blueprints suggest that the dog house entryway faces east. The cold air won’t be able to rush through the door then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Bouvier Des Ardennes’s Dog House
5. It’s recommended that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Bouvier Des Ardennes a house. This makes it easier for you to empty out your Bouvier Des Ardennes’s house. You should clean your Bouvier Des Ardennes’s house as much as you give your Bouvier Des Ardennes a bath.
Bouvier Des Ardennes Dog House: Conclusion
If your Bouvier Des Ardennes lives outdoors then he needs to have a suitable place to sleep and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these straightforward tips on building a dog house for your Bouvier Des Ardennes will help you get going.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Bouvier Des Ardenness.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂