Greater than 50% of owners allows their Bosnian Coarse-Haired Hounds to live inside and sleep on the couch or in their owner’s bed. For those of you all who are wondering how to build a dog house for your Bosnian Coarse-Haired Hound, following are our easy rules to follow when determining what type of shelter you want to provide for your Bosnian Coarse-Haired Hound.
Building a House for Your Bosnian Coarse-Haired Hound: Size
1. You should begin your dog house building process by making sure the house is big enough to accommodate your Bosnian Coarse-Haired Hound’s potential mature size. Humans enjoy having about two feet of air overhead in a room to live without feeling boxed in. The Bosnian Coarse-Haired Hound will also enjoy having that much space. The comfort zone for both people and Bosnian Coarse-Haired Hounds is approximately 33 percent of their standing height. To figure out how much space the Bosnian Coarse-Haired Hound will need go get a tape measure and measure your Bosnian Coarse-Haired Hound. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and especially measure the full dimension of the Bosnian Coarse-Haired Hound when he is in the most relaxed, comfortable, and stretched out position he can get into. Your Bosnian Coarse-Haired Hound should be able to gaze out the front entrance when both standing up and sitting. So the Bosnian Coarse-Haired Hound won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his belly, make sure that door is high enough. Stand over the Bosnian Coarse-Haired Hound and measure the breadth of the widest point of the Bosnian Coarse-Haired Hound’s shoulders.
Building Your Bosnian Coarse-Haired Hound a Dog House: Elevation
2. Remember to elevate the dog house several inches from the ground to permit air and water to flow underneath. To dissuade pests from entering the house, and taking your Bosnian Coarse-Haired Hound’s health into consideration, remember how important air circulation is. Put in a few nickel-sized holes in the walls under the eaves. Install a wind block inside the house so the Bosnian Coarse-Haired Hound can use the warmth of its body to warm up the area if it is very cold or breezy outside. Consider adding a partial panel which will help your Bosnian Coarse-Haired Hound to escape the nasty weather. Your animal can choose to just snooze in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved pet would probably love having a cushion or some sort of pallet to sleep on.
How to Build a House for Your Bosnian Coarse-Haired Hound: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain coming into the house make the floor just a bit tilted in the direction of the entryway and build the roof a bit on an angle, as well. Ensure the dog house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the inside.
4. In America most storms come from the south and west so ensure the house faces a different direction. Most dog house blueprints recommend that the house doorway faces east. The cold air won’t be able to whip through the entrance then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Bosnian Coarse-Haired Hound’s Dog House
5. It’s recommended that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Bosnian Coarse-Haired Hound a house. This makes it easier for you to empty out your Bosnian Coarse-Haired Hound’s home. You should clean the Bosnian Coarse-Haired Hound’s house as frequently as you give your Bosnian Coarse-Haired Hound a bath.
Bosnian Coarse-Haired Hound Dog House: Conclusion
If your Bosnian Coarse-Haired Hound lives outdoors then he needs to have a pleasant place to sleep and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these easy tips on building a dog house for the Bosnian Coarse-Haired Hound will help you begin.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Bosnian Coarse-Haired Hounds.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂