Greater than 50% of the population allows their Basset Artesien Normands to live indoors and sleep on the sofa or in the owner’s bed. For those of y’all who are interested in how to build a dog house for your Basset Artesien Normand, following are our simple rules to follow when considering the type of shelter you want to build for your Basset Artesien Normand.
How to Build a House for Your Basset Artesien Normand: Size
1. You should begin your house building process by making sure the house is large enough to accommodate your Basset Artesien Normand’s potential mature size. As humans, we enjoy having about two feet of air overhead in a room in order to live without feeling boxed in. Your Basset Artesien Normand will probably also enjoy having that much space. The comfort zone for both humans and Basset Artesien Normands is about 1/3 of their standing height. To figure out how much room the Basset Artesien Normand will need get out a measuring tape and measure your Basset Artesien Normand. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and most importantly measure the full dimension of the Basset Artesien Normand when he is in the most relaxed, comfortable, and stretched out position he can get into. Your Basset Artesien Normand should be able to peer out the front door when both standing up and sitting. So the Basset Artesien Normand won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his stomach, make sure that door is tall enough. Stand over the Basset Artesien Normand and measure the width of the widest point of the animal’s shoulders.
Building Your Basset Artesien Normand a House: Elevation
2. Don’t forget to elevate the dog house several inches from the ground to permit air and water to flow below. To discourage pests from entering the dog house, and taking your Basset Artesien Normand’s health into consideration, remember how vital fresh air is. Install a few nickel-sized holes in the panels underneath the eaves. Install a wind block inside the house so the Basset Artesien Normand can use the heat of its own body to warm the space if it is extremely cold or breezy outside. Consider adding a partial panel which will help your Basset Artesien Normand to escape the nasty weather. Your Basset Artesien Normand can choose to just sleep in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved pet would probably appreciate having a pillow or some sort of bedding to sleep on.
Building Your Basset Artesien Normand a Dog House: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain entering the dog house make the floor just a little bit slanted toward the opening and build the roof a little bit slanted, as well. Make sure the dog house is well insulated but you should not paint the interior.
4. In America most storms come from the south and west so make sure the house faces a different direction. Most house blueprints recommend that the dog house doorway faces east. The cold air won’t be able to rush through the opening then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Basset Artesien Normand’s House
5. It is suggested that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Basset Artesien Normand a house. This makes it easier for you to clean out your Basset Artesien Normand’s home. You should clean out your Basset Artesien Normand’s house as much as you give your Basset Artesien Normand a bath.
Basset Artesien Normand Dog House: Conclusion
If your Basset Artesien Normand lives outdoors then he deserves to have a suitable place to sleep and get away from harsh weather. Hopefully these simple tips on building a dog house for your Basset Artesien Normand will help you start.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Basset Artesien Normands.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂