Greater than fifty percent of the population permit their Aidis to stay indoors and sleep on their couch or in the bed. For those of you all who are interested in how to build a dog house for your Aidi, here are some simple rules to follow when figuring out what type of house you want to provide for your Aidi.
How to Build Your Aidi a Dog House: Size
1. You should begin your house building process by making sure the house is big enough to fit your Aidi’s potential mature size. We enjoy having around 2 feet of air overhead in a room to live without feeling claustrophobic. The Aidi will also enjoy having that much space. The target zone for both humans and Aidis is around thrity-three percent of their standing height. To calculate how much space the Aidi will need go get a ruler and measure your Aidi. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and especially measure the full dimension of the Aidi when he is in the most stretched out, comfortable, and relaxed position he can get into. Your Aidi should be able to look out the front door while both sitting and standing. So the Aidi will not have to significantly lower his front shoulders or scrape his belly, make sure that entrance is high enough. Stand above the Aidi and measure the width of the broadest point of the animal’s shoulders.
How to Build Your Aidi a Dog House: Elevation
2. Remember to raise the dog house several inches from the ground to allow air and water to flow below. To discourage bugs from invading the dog house, and taking your Aidi’s health into consideration, remember how vital air circulation is. Put in a few nickel-sized openings in the walls under the eaves. Put a wind block inside the house so the Aidi can use the heat of its own body to warm up the area if it is really cold or breezy outside. Think about adding a partial panel which will help your Aidi to escape the nasty weather. Your animal can choose to just snooze in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved Aidi would probably appreciate having a cushion or some sort of bedding to sleep on.
Building Your Aidi a House: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain entering the dog house make the floor just a little bit tilted toward the opening and construct the roof a bit on an angle, as well. Ensure the dog house is well insulated but you should not paint the inside.
4. In America most storms come from the south and west so make sure the house is facing a different direction. Most dog house blueprints recommend that the house doorway faces east. The cold air won’t be able to rush through the entryway then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Aidi’s Dog House
5. It is suggested that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Aidi a dog house. This makes it simpler for you to empty your Aidi’s house. You should clean out the Aidi’s house as often as you give your Aidi a bath.
Aidi Dog House: Conclusion
If your Aidi lives outdoors then he needs to have a comfortable place to snooze and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these simple tips on building a dog house for the Aidi will help you get going.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Aidis.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂