Training a Havanese is pretty easy. You just need dedication, patience as well as 5 easy to learn techniques and you will break them in successfully.
Below are five Useful Techniques on how to teach your Havanese successfully:
1. To avoid the Havanese from getting disoriented and so that they can learn commands readily just 1 individual should be responsible for training your Havanese to start. In instances where too many folks try to train a Havanese simultaneously this may stop progress.
2. Trainers must always use positive feedback and reinforcements. Once a Havanese obeys, the trainier must praise the behavior so he can know that what he did was correct. If the Havanese will not understand your commands, don’t berate him. Havaneses are not as intelligent as we are, they take longer to learn. What you must realize is that your Havanese won’t easily follow your instructions in only one session, it requires repetitive actions to train your Havanese successfully. Do not punish the Havanese as he may begin to develop anxiety which will negatively affect his learning and ability to be taught. You might use food in order to reward a Havanese, but you should not take it too far.
3. Teach instructions one at a time. Attempt to teach him one order after another. In the event he will not remember it, try to remain on that order only because piling on other instructions will most likely just confuse the Havanese. Rely on the basics.
4. When teaching orders, you must keep your inflection cheerful so that your Havanese will happily obey the commands. Havaneses respond to a low and coaxing voice. When you yell, he might become unresponsive and startled.
5. Train your Havanese in different environments. When you keep your Havanese in a certain environment like your home, he may not be able to adapt to a different place with different individuals. Take him to your dog park or throughout the neighborhood. This will help your Havanese get familiar with other people and breeds.
Conclusion: Training Your Havanese
Breaking in the Havanese will sometimes be hard, however it will be worth it. The bottom line is, you’ll be the beneficiary when your Havanese is reared. Who knows, he might even save your life in the future and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Havaneses
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂