Training Portuguese Podengos is quite simple. All you need is patience, dedication as well as these 5 easy to learn skills and you’ll train them successfully.
Here we share 5 Helpful Tips for how to train the Portuguese Podengo successfully:
1. In order to prevent your Portuguese Podengo from becoming unsure and so that they will be able to begin to learn orders readily just one individual should train a Portuguese Podengo initially. If too many individuals attempt to train the Portuguese Podengo simultaneously it can stop the process in its tracks.
2. You must use positive reinforcements and feedback. Whenever a Portuguese Podengo listens, one must praise it so he can understand that what he did was correct. If the Portuguese Podengo doesn’t follow commands, don’t harass him. Portuguese Podengos aren’t as intelligent as humans, they take longer to learn. What you need to realize is that the Portuguese Podengo won’t easily follow your commands in the first teaching, it requires repeated actions to train the Portuguese Podengo successfully. Don’t push a Portuguese Podengo as he may develop nervousness which may negatively affect his learning and ability to be trained. You might give them food or treats to praise a Portuguese Podengo, but please don’t overdue it.
3. Teach commands one at a time. Try to teach him 1 command after the other. In the instance where he can’t remember it, just remain on that command only because trying new lessons might just confuse the Portuguese Podengo. Have faith in the fundamentals.
4. In executing skills, keep your inflection cheerful so the Portuguese Podengo will happily submit to your teachings. Portuguese Podengos respond best to a quiet and coaxing tone. When you shout out loud, he could be agitated and afraid.
5. Train your Portuguese Podengo in different spaces. When you keep a Portuguese Podengo in just 1 certain place like your house, he won’t be able to adjust to a different locale with different individuals. Take him to the dog park or around your neighborhood. This can help your Portuguese Podengo get acquainted with different breeds and people.
Conclusion: Training Your Portuguese Podengo
Teaching the Portuguese Podengo can often be hard, but it’ll be worth it. In the end, you’ll be the beneficiary when your Portuguese Podengo is reared. Who knows, he could even rescue you in the future and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Portuguese Podengos
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂