Training Northern Inuit Dogs is not a hard job. All that’s required is dedication, patience together with these five easy to learn techniques and you’ll break them in successfully.
Here are five Super Tips for how to teach the Northern Inuit Dog successfully:
1. To prevent your Northern Inuit Dog from becoming unsure and so that they will be able to begin to understand commands easily only 1 person should train a Northern Inuit Dog at first. If too many individuals attempt to train a Northern Inuit Dog simultaneously this might stop the process.
2. You must use positive feedback and reinforcements. If your Northern Inuit Dog does something good, you should reward the action so he will understand that what he did was welcomed. If a Northern Inuit Dog cannot follow instructions, never berate him. Northern Inuit Dogs aren’t as intelligent as humans, they take longer to learn. What you should understand is that they may not easily obey your commands in the first teaching, it requires repetition to train the Northern Inuit Dog . Do not push your Northern Inuit Dog because he might develop skittishness which may stunt his learning and readiness to be taught. You should use food or treats to reward the Northern Inuit Dog, but please you should not overuse it.
3. Teach skills one at a time. Try to teach him 1 command after the next. In the instance where he will not retain it, just stay on that skill only because trying other skills will most likely just confuse the Northern Inuit Dog. Begin with the fundamentals.
4. While teaching lessons, keep your inflection cheerful so the Northern Inuit Dog will happily follow your commands. Northern Inuit Dogs respond to a quiet and confident tone. If you ever shout out loud, he may be agitated and afraid.
5. Train the Northern Inuit Dog in varying locales. If you keep your Northern Inuit Dog in a certain location like your home, he will not have the ability to adapt to a new place with different people. Take him to your dog park or through the neighborhood. This can help your Northern Inuit Dog get acquainted with other people and breeds.
Training The Northern Inuit Dog: Conclusion
Training a Northern Inuit Dog will sometimes be hard, but it will always be worth it. The bottom line is, you’ll be the one to benefit when your Northern Inuit Dog is taught. You don’t know, he may even save your life in the future and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Northern Inuit Dogs
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂