Training your Dandie Dinmont Terrier is not a hard task. You just need patience, dedication and these five easy to learn skills and you will teach them successfully.
Here are 5 Top Suggestions on how to train a Dandie Dinmont Terrier with great results:
1. In order to avoid the Dandie Dinmont Terrier from being unsure and so that they can learn to recognize commands easily only a single individual should be responsible for training the Dandie Dinmont Terrier in the beginning. If too many folks are trying to train a Dandie Dinmont Terrier simultaneously it may stop the process.
2. Trainers must always use positive reinforcements and feedback. Whenever the Dandie Dinmont Terrier follows orders, you might reward the act so he can understand that what he did was correct. If the Dandie Dinmont Terrier will not understand and follow your commands, never harass him. Dandie Dinmont Terriers aren’t as smart as people, they take longer to learn. What you must take into account is that your Dandie Dinmont Terrier won’t easily obey your instructions in only 1 training, it requires repetitive attempts to train your Dandie Dinmont Terrier successfully. Don’t berate your Dandie Dinmont Terrier as he could begin to develop timidness which may stunt his learning and ability to be broken in. You may give snacks in order to reward the Dandie Dinmont Terrier, although you should not take it too far.
3. Teach lessons one at a time. Try to train him on 1 command after the next. In the instance where he cannot absorb it, just remain on that skill only because adding other orders will just confuse the Dandie Dinmont Terrier. Rely on the basics.
4. When teaching commands, you should keep your intonation pleasant so that the Dandie Dinmont Terrier will gladly follow the lessons. Dandie Dinmont Terriers will respond to a low and coaxing voice. If you shout out loud, he may get nervous and fearful.
5. Train your Dandie Dinmont Terrier in varying spaces. When you keep a Dandie Dinmont Terrier in a particular space like your house, he may not have the ability to adjust to a different space with different people. Take him to a park or throughout your neighborhood. This will help your Dandie Dinmont Terrier associate with more breeds and people.
Dandie Dinmont Terrier Training: Conclusion
Breaking in a Dandie Dinmont Terrier can frequently be challenging, but it’ll always be worth it. The bottom line is, you will be the one to benefit when your Dandie Dinmont Terrier is broken in. Who knows, he might even rescue you in the future and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Dandie Dinmont Terriers
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂