Training Southern Hounds is pretty simple. It just takes a little patience, dedication and 5 simple tricks and you’ll break them in successfully.
In This Article are five Helpful Techniques on how to train a Southern Hound successfully:
1. In order to prevent a Southern Hound from being disoriented and in order that they will be able to learn to recognize instructions quickly just a single individual should be responsible for training a Southern Hound at first. In instances where too many folks attempt to train your Southern Hound at once this will halt the process.
2. You should use positive reinforcements and feedback. If the Southern Hound follows orders, the trainier must reward it so that he will understand that what he did was correct. If a Southern Hound cannot understand your commands, never punish him. Southern Hounds are not as smart as we are, they make mistakes. What you have to take into account is that your Southern Hound will not easily obey all your instructions in just 1 training, it takes repetitive actions to teach a Southern Hound . Don’t scold your Southern Hound because he may develop fear which may affect his learning and readiness to be taught. Trainers may give them food or treats in order to praise a Southern Hound, but definitely you should not take it too far.
3. Teach instructions 1 at a time. Make sure to teach him 1 skill after another. In the instance where he cannot learn it, just remain on that skill only because piling on other lessons may just confuse the Southern Hound. Rely on the fundamentals.
4. When you are giving lessons, keep your inflection pleasant so your Southern Hound will gladly obey the orders. Southern Hounds respond to a low and coaxing tone. If you scream, he may get nervous and afraid.
5. Train a Southern Hound in varying locales. If you keep the Southern Hound in one certain environment like your home, he will not be able to adapt to a new space with different people. Take him to the dog park or around your neighborhood. This will aid your Southern Hound associate with different breeds and people.
Training Your Southern Hound: Conclusion
Teaching the Southern Hound will sometimes be difficult, however it’ll be worth it. The bottom line is, you will be the beneficiary when your Southern Hound is trained. Who knows, he could even save your life in the future and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Southern Hounds
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂