Training Sarplaninacs is not a hard job. All that’s required is dedication, patience together with a few simple tactics and you will teach them successfully.
Below are five Useful Techniques on how to break in a Sarplaninac with great results:
1. In order to avoid your Sarplaninac from getting disoriented and in order that they can begin to recognize commands easily only a single person should be responsible for training the Sarplaninac starting out. If too many individuals are trying to train your Sarplaninac at the same time it might stop the process in its tracks.
2. You must always utilize positive feedback and reinforcements. If the Sarplaninac follows commands, one must reward it so that he can understand that what he did was welcomed. If the Sarplaninac will not follow or understand your commands, never berate him. Sarplaninacs are not as intelligent as us, they make errors. What you must understand is that they won’t readily obey all your instructions in the first teaching, it takes repeated attempts to train the Sarplaninac successfully. Don’t punish your Sarplaninac because he may develop skittishness which can affect his learning and readiness to be taught. You can give them snacks or treats in order to praise your Sarplaninac, but please you do not want to take it too far.
3. Teach orders one at a time. Make sure to teach him 1 order after another. In the instance where he cannot retain it, remain on that order only because adding other orders may just confuse the Sarplaninac. Have faith in the fundamentals.
4. In teaching orders, keep your voice cheerful so your Sarplaninac will willingly obey your lessons. Sarplaninacs respond to a quiet and confident voice. When you scream, he might become unresponsive and afraid.
5. Train your Sarplaninac in varying locales. When you keep your Sarplaninac in one certain place like your house, he might not have the ability to adjust to a new place with different people. Take him to a park or throughout the neighborhood. This can assist your Sarplaninac get used to other breeds and people.
Training A Sarplaninac: Conclusion
Training the Sarplaninac can often be hard, but it will be worth it. The bottom line is, you will be the one to benefit when your Sarplaninac is taught. Who knows, he may even rescue you in the future and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Sarplaninacs
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂