All of us long for training the perfect Serbian Tricolour Hound, a pet that’s a CGC or canine good citizen and is well behaved and dependable at all times. Well dreams do come true if the training is done with care and focus. Do not forget pups learn from day one and want to be taught what is correct, what isn’t, and ideal socialization.
Pups act like small children, they want frequent supervision and training. Training a pup does not have to be a challenge, all you have to remember are a few straightforward principles:
Ten Tips For Training Your Serbian Tricolour Hound
- Till your pup is trained, you have to keep an eye on him at all times. When you aren’t able to then you need to crate her. Put together a routine for the pup, this will help him to calm down easily. The schedule must incorporate things like regular bathroom breaks, feeding times, sleep times, walks, play time, teaching, and so on. A pup that has a hectic day has no time to be unoccupied and get into mischief.
- Teach the pup to heed you. Serbian Tricolour Hounds stay in packs and naturally need a leader. When you establish your leadership in no uncertain terms then teaching will come to be easy because the pup will follow orders at all times and not question your power.
- Use exclusively positive training strategies. Don’t holler at, whack, or punish your Serbian Tricolour Hound. It is not just cruel but might trigger behavioral issues. Use of electric shocks, prong collars, sprays, et cetera could quite possibly hurt the animal.
- Show the pup “absolutely nothing in life is free.” This is a mantra that is frequently accepted as a reliable coaching tool. When you execute this, the pup will learn that to experience anything like affection, a walk, or treat, he has to behave well.
- Demonstrate the meaning of “No,” from the first day. Do not advocate behaviors such as leaping, mouthing, tug-o-war, snarling, or escaping open gates and doors. Applaud proper behavior and dismiss or walk away when there is bad conduct. The pup will certainly discover that if he misbehaves he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To deal with a habit you have to catch the Serbian Tricolour Hound in the process and surprise her by rattling a canister of pebbles. When you have done this make him improve his behavior and promptly offer him a treat and praise. Serbian Tricolour Hounds do not recollect what occurred prior so chastening him after an event is useless.
- Make sure to call/use his name favorably. Don’t say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will create mental confusion and the Serbian Tricolour Hound will presume that if you call his name then it is for something bad. The pup should identify his name with pleasant times like hugs, petting, walks, treats, and such. If this transpires he will respond willingly the instant you call out his name.
- Make a coaching regimen that is short and sweet, about ten minutes 3 times a day. Extensive repeated sessions can be boring and the Serbian Tricolour Hound is going to lose interest in learning. Help make learning interesting and use trick training sessions to teach directions like sit, down, come and so forth.
- Bond with the Serbian Tricolour Hound and both of you will certainly get a kick out of your sessions. The pup ought to hope for spending time with you and not stay away from you by breaking away or hiding. Be sure to socialize the puppy dog very early. Socialization is one of the most important teachings. The Serbian Tricolour Hound should learn to exist with various other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. And so, gradually introduce the pup when he is little to day-to-day tasks and noises. Take him to the mall/ dog park, present him to kids and other pets, and make him unafraid of the vacuum and water hose.
- Get to know all about house training, leash walking, house breaking, together with food training. These are introductory lessons that every Serbian Tricolour Hound puppy needs to master. Understand all the traits as well as qualities of the breed. This will give you valuable information on how to properly educate the doggy.
As a Serbian Tricolour Hound parent you have many choices. You might choose to train the Serbian Tricolour Hound by yourself or enlist at a professional training school. Training a Serbian Tricolour Hound has many stages: kindergarten, obedience training, doggie sports, showing and conformation, in addition to other facets like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, and more. What values you choose to teach depends upon you as well as the learning abilities of your Serbian Tricolour Hound. As you understand, various dogs, like people, possess different talents. Choose well and both you and your Serbian Tricolour Hound pup will have exciting times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Serbian Tricolour Hounds.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂