All of us long for training the perfect Polish Tatra Sheepdog, a puppy that’s a CGC or canine good citizen and is well behaved and dependable at all times. Well dreams do come true when the training is performed with kindness and dedication. Always remember pups learn from day one and really need to be taught what is right, what isn’t, and effective interpersonal skills.
Puppies behave like small children, they have to have regular supervision and instruction. Training a pup doesn’t have to be a challenge, all you want to keep in mind are a few simple principles:
10 Tips For Training Your Polish Tatra Sheepdog
- Until your pup is trained, you must keep an eye on her at all times. Whenever you are unable to then you need to crate him. Create a plan for the pup, this will enable him to settle down fast. The schedule must consist of things such as hourly bathroom visits, feeding times, sleep times, walks, play time, training, and more. A pup that has a full day has no time at all for being unoccupied and get into mischief.
- Teach the pup to appreciate you. Polish Tatra Sheepdogs live in packs and naturally adhere to a leader. If you establish your leadership in no uncertain terms then training will become easy as the pup will comply with you at all times and not challenge your power.
- Use exclusively positive training tactics. Don’t shout at, hit, or punish your Polish Tatra Sheepdog. It’s not just cruel but can easily bring about behavioral concerns. Use of electrical shocks, prong collars, sprays, etc can injure the animal.
- Teach the pup “absolutely nothing in life is without cost.” This is a mantra that is universally recognized as an useful teaching tool. In the event that you reinforce this, your pup will learn that to experience anything like love, a stroll, or treat, he will need to behave well.
- Teach the significance of “No,” from day one. Do not advocate actions like leaping, yelping, tug-o-war, yipping, or running out of open gates and doors. Applaud great behavior and dismiss or walk away when there is bad behavior. The pup will certainly discover that if he is mischievous he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To fix a habit you need to catch the Polish Tatra Sheepdog in the process and startle him by rattling a can of rocks. When you have done this make him straighten out his behavior and immediately give him a snack and praise. Polish Tatra Sheepdogs do not think of what happened earlier so rebuking him after an event is futile.
- Make sure to call/use his name positively. Never say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will result in mental confusion and the Polish Tatra Sheepdog will believe that if you call his name then it is something bad. The pup must correlate his name with happy things like hugs, petting, walks, treats, and such. If this happens he will approach willingly once you call his name.
- Make a coaching routine that is short and sweet, say ten minutes thrice a day. Prolonged repetitive lessons can be uninteresting and the Polish Tatra Sheepdog will lose interest in the learning session. Make learning exciting and use trick training to show commands like sit, down, come and more.
- Connect with the Polish Tatra Sheepdog and both of you are going to like your lessons. The pup needs to anticipate hanging out with you and not steer clear of you by breaking away or taking cover. Make sure to socialize the puppy quickly. Socialization is among the most crucial teachings. The Polish Tatra Sheepdog must master how to coexist around various other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. So, slowly but surely introduce the doggy when he is small to day-to-day endeavors and noises. Take him to the market/ park, introduce him to children and other pets, and make him unafraid of the vacuum cleaner and water hose.
- Understand all about cage training, leash walking, house breaking, together with food training. These are rudimentary lessons that every Polish Tatra Sheepdog puppy must learn. Know about all the idiosyncrasies as well as qualities of the breed. This will give you valuable ideas on how to effectively coach the doggy.
As a Polish Tatra Sheepdog owner you have numerous choices. You could possibly decide to train the Polish Tatra Sheepdog on your own or register at a high quality training school. Training a Polish Tatra Sheepdog has numerous steps: preschool, obedience training, doggie sports, showing and conformation, as well as other elements like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, et cetera. What degree you decide to train depends on you along with the learning abilities of your Polish Tatra Sheepdog. As you realize, different dogs, like humans, have different talents. Choose wisely and both you and your Polish Tatra Sheepdog pup will have enjoyable times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Polish Tatra Sheepdogs.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂