We all dream of training the perfect Phalene, a pup that’s a CGC or canine good citizen and is very well mannered and responsible at all times. Well dreams do come true if the instruction is done with care and commitment. Realize pups learn from the first day and need to be informed what is correct, what is wrong, and effective interpersonal skills.
Pups are like kids, they need to get regular guidance and instruction. Training a pup doesn’t have to be an ordeal, all you have to take note of are a few basic guidelines:
10 Tips For Training Your Phalene
- Till your pup is trained, you have to keep an eye on him at all times. Once you are unable to then you must crate him. Put together a plan for the pup, this will enable him to settle fast. The plan needs to incorporate things such as hourly potty visits, feeding times, relaxation periods, strolls, play time, education, and so forth. A pup that has a hectic day has no time to get unoccupied and get into mischief.
- Train the pup to heed you. Phalenes stay in packs and instinctively follow a leader. If you establish your dominance in no uncertain terms then instructing will eventually become easy because the pup will heed orders at all times and not test your power.
- Utilize only encouraging training tactics. Do not scream at, strike, or abuse your Phalene. It is not just harsh but might bring on behavioral challenges. Use of electric shocks, prong collars, sprays, et cetera can injure the animal.
- Show the pup “nothing in this life is without cost.” This is a philosophy that is universally accepted as a very useful training tool. If you execute this, your pup will discover that to get something like love, a walk, or reward, he will need to behave well.
- Teach the meaning of “No,” from the first day. Do not encourage behaviors such as leaping, growling, tug-o-war, yapping, or escaping open gates and doorways. Appreciate courtesy and just ignore or walk away when there is bad behavior. The pup will realize that if he is mischievous he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To correct a habit you need to catch the Phalene in the process and surprise him by rattling a container of rocks. As soon as you have done this help him straighten out his behavior and promptly offer him a snack and approval. Phalenes do not call to mind what happened prior so rebuking him after an event is useless.
- Be certain to call/use his name favorably. Do not say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will trigger mental confusion and the Phalene will presume that if you call his name then it is something bad. The doggy must associate his name with happy times like hugs, petting, walks, snacks, and such. If this occurs he will approach happily once you call out his name.
- Establish a training routine that is short and sweet, about ten minutes thrice a day. Prolonged repeated sessions can be dull and the Phalene is going to lose interest in learning. Help make training cool and use trick training to explain directions like sit, down, come etc.
- Connect with the Phalene and both of you will definitely get a kick out of your sessions. The pup must anticipate hanging out with you and not keep away from you by breaking away or hiding. Be sure to socialize the doggy quickly. Socialization is one of the most vital teachings. The Phalene has to master how to be around various other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. So, slowly introduce the dog when he is small to common tasks and noises. Take him to the shopping mall/ dog park, present him to children and other animals, and make him unfrightened of the vacuum and water hose.
- Understand everything about cage training, leash walking, house breaking, as well as food training. These are remedial lessons that every Phalene puppy needs to learn. Understand all the habits and distinctive features of the breed. This will give you valuable ideas on how to effectively coach the doggie.
As a Phalene parent you have a lot of choices. You could very well decide to train the Phalene on your own or enlist at a competent training school. Training a Phalene has numerous stages: kindergarten, obedience training, dog sports, showing and conformation, as well as other elements like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, et cetera. What standard you choose to coach depends upon you as well as the brainpower of your Phalene. As you understand, various dogs, like people, possess varied talents. Choose well and both you and your Phalene pup will have fun times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Phalenes.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂