We all long for training the perfect Montenegrin Mountain Hound, a pet that is a CGC or canine good citizen and is very well behaved and trustworthy at all times. Well dreams really do come true when the training is done with care and focus. Do not forget pups learn from day one and need to be informed what is right, what is wrong, and correct socialization.
Puppies act like kids, they really need regular direction and training. Training a pup needn’t be a challenge, all you have to think about are a few simple principles:
10 Tips For Training Your Montenegrin Mountain Hound
- Til your pup is trained, you need to keep an eye on her at all times. When you can not then you need to cage him. Establish a routine for the pup, that will serve to help her to settle down fast. The schedule must consist of things like hourly potty breaks, eating times, sleep times, walks, play time, training, and so on. A pup that has a hectic day has no time to be unoccupied or misbehave.
- Train the pup to respect you. Montenegrin Mountain Hounds stay in packs and naturally need a leader. When you establish your dominance in no uncertain terms then teaching will end up being easy as the pup will heed orders at all times and not challenge your authority.
- Utilize only constructive training methods. Never ever holler at, attack, or punish your Montenegrin Mountain Hound. It’s not just harsh but will induce behavioral challenges. Use of electric shocks, prong collars, sprays, and so on can wound the animal.
- Teach the pup “nothing in this life is free.” This is a philosophy that is broadly regarded as a reliable training method. When you reinforce this, your pup will discover that to experience something like love, a stroll, or reward, he has to behave properly.
- Teach the meaning of “No,” from the first day. Do not reinforce behaviors such as jumping, mouthing, tug-o-war, yipping, or running out of open gates and doors. Commend courtesy and dismiss or leave when there is bad conduct. The pup will certainly learn that if he is mischievous he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To correct a behavior you must witness the Montenegrin Mountain Hound in the process and surprise her by rattling a container of pebbles. When you have done this help him deal with his behavior and instantly give him a snack and approval. Montenegrin Mountain Hounds do not think of what happened prior so reprimanding him after an occurrence is useless.
- Be sure you call/use his name favorably. Never ever say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will result in confusion and the Montenegrin Mountain Hound will believe that if you call his name then it is something bad. The pup needs to relate his name with pleasant events like hugs, petting, walks, food, and such. If this happens he will come happily the moment you call his name.
- Establish a coaching schedule that is short and sweet, say 10 minutes 3 times a day. Extensive repetitive trainings can be dull and the Montenegrin Mountain Hound is going to lose interest in the learning session. Make lessons exciting and use trick training sessions to demonstrate directions like sit, down, come and so on.
- Connect with the Montenegrin Mountain Hound and both of you will certainly like your sessions. The pup needs to eagerly anticipate hanging out with you and not steer clear of you by breaking away or taking cover. Be sure to socialize the doggy as soon as possible. Socialization is one of the most significant teachings. The Montenegrin Mountain Hound has to master how to coexist around various other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. So, carefully introduce the puppy dog when he is little to everyday endeavors and noises. Take him to the store/ park, introduce him to children and other animals, and make him unafraid of the vacuum and water hose.
- Understand all about potty training, leash walking, house breaking, and food training. These are introductory lessons that every Montenegrin Mountain Hound puppy has to learn. Understand all the characteristics as well as peculiarities of the breed. This will give you important ideas on how to successfully educate the puppy.
As a Montenegrin Mountain Hound owner you have countless options. You might choose to train the Montenegrin Mountain Hound on your own or enroll at a qualified training school. Training a Montenegrin Mountain Hound has many stages: preschool, obedience training, doggy sports, presenting and conformation, as well as other aspects like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, and so forth. What degree you choose to instruct depends upon you as well as the learning abilities of your Montenegrin Mountain Hound. As you understand, various dogs, like people, have different talents. Choose well and both you and your Montenegrin Mountain Hound pup will have enjoyable times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Montenegrin Mountain Hounds.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂