We all hope for training the perfect Magyar Agar, a pet that is a CGC or canine good citizen and is very well behaved and dependable at all times. Well dreams really do come true when the education is performed with care and dedication. Do not forget pups learn from day one and really need to be instructed what is correct, what is wrong, and proper socialization.
Pups are just like kids, they need frequent supervision and instruction. Training a pup does not have to be a nightmare, all you need to think about are a few simple guidelines:
10 Tips For Training Your Magyar Agar
- Till your pup learns, you want to keep an eye on him at all times. When you aren’t able to then you should cage him. Develop a schedule for the pup, this will serve to help him to settle fast. The routine has to include things like regular potty visits, feeding times, sleep times, strolls, play time, training, and more. A pup that has a hectic day has no time to become unoccupied or misbehave.
- Train the pup to value you. Magyar Agars live in packs and naturally comply with a leader. Once you establish your dominance in no uncertain terms then training will end up being easy as the pup will comply with orders at all times and not test your authority.
- Use only constructive training methods. Do not holler at, attack, or abuse your Magyar Agar. It’s not just unkind but might cause behavioral problems. Use of electrical shocks, prong collars, sprays, etc could hurt the animal.
- Show the pup “nothing in life is without cost.” This is a method of teaching that is universally acknowledged as a reliable teaching method. If you reinforce this, the pup will learn that to get something like affection, a stroll, or reward, he has to act well.
- Explain the meaning of “No,” from the first day. Do not endorse behaviors such as leaping, yelping, tug-o-war, yipping, or running out of open gates and doors. Applaud good behavior and dismiss or leave when there is bad behavior. The pup will learn that if he acts up he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To improve a behavior you should catch the Magyar Agar in the act and surprise her by shaking a bottle of rocks. When you have done this make him fix his behavior and promptly give him a treat and approval. Magyar Agars do not remember what took place previously so scolding him after an event is of no use.
- Be sure you call/use his name positively. Never ever say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will induce confusion and the Magyar Agar will believe that if you call his name then it is something negative. The doggie must affiliate his name with pleasant times like hugs, petting, walks, snacks, and such. If this transpires he will approach happily the moment you call out his name.
- Generate a training schedule that is short and sweet, about 10 minutes thrice a day. Lengthy repeated trainings can be dull and the Magyar Agar is going to lose interest in learning. Make lessons fun-filled and use trick training sessions to demonstrate orders like sit, down, come and so on.
- Connect with the Magyar Agar and both of you will definitely like your lessons. The pup must eagerly anticipate hanging out with you and not stay clear of you by running away or taking cover. Make certain to socialize the dog early on. Socialization is one of the most essential lessons. The Magyar Agar needs to figure out how to coexist around various other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. So, slowly and gradually introduce the doggy when he is small to regular endeavors and noises. Take him to the mall/ dog park, present him to children and other pets, and make him unafraid of the vacuum and water hose.
- Master all about cage training, leash walking, house breaking, in addition to food training. These are kindergarten lessons that every Magyar Agar puppy needs to understand. Know about all the idiosyncrasies and peculiarities of the breed. This will give you valuable information on how to properly teach the pup.
As a Magyar Agar parent you have lots of choices. You could very well choose to train the Magyar Agar by yourself or enlist at a pro training school. Training a Magyar Agar has several steps: preschool, behavior training, dog sports, showing and conformation, as well as other elements like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, and so forth. What standard you choose to instruct depends on you as well as the learning abilities of your Magyar Agar. As you are aware, different dogs, like humans, have different talents. Choose well and both you and your Magyar Agar pup will have enjoyable times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Magyar Agars.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂