We all dream of training the perfect Tamaskan Dog, a puppy that is a CGC or canine good citizen and is well mannered and trustworthy at all times. Well dreams really do come true if the education is performed with kindness and dedication. Always remember pups learn from the first day and want to be shown what is right, what is not, and effective socialization.
Puppies act like children, they demand regular supervision and instruction. Training a pup does not have to be a chore, all you want to consider are a few simple principles:
Top Ten Tips For Training Your Tamaskan Dog
- Until your pup is trained, you must keep an eye on her at all times. If you are unable to then you must cage her. Establish a plan for the pup, this will help her to settle fast. The calendar needs to incorporate things such as hourly potty breaks, feeding times, sleep periods, strolls, play time, instruction, etc. A pup that has a very busy day has no time at all to become bored and misbehave.
- Teach the pup to appreciate you. Tamaskan Dogs live in packs and instinctively adhere to a leader. When you establish your dominance in no uncertain terms then coaching will eventually become easy because the pup will comply with orders at all times and not defy your power.
- Utilize exclusively encouraging training strategies. Don’t yell at, attack, or abuse your Tamaskan Dog. It’s not only cruel but can lead to behavioral concerns. Use of electric shocks, prong collars, sprays, and so forth could possibly harm the animal.
- Show the pup “absolutely nothing in this life is free.” This is a method of teaching that is broadly acknowledged as a practical coaching tool. If you reinforce this, the pup will learn that to experience anything like affection, a walk, or snack, he has to act well.
- Demonstrate the significance of “No,” from the first day. Do not endorse behaviors like leaping, growling, tug-o-war, howling, or escaping open gates and doorways. Compliment courtesy and disregard or leave when there is bad conduct. The pup will discover that if he is mischievous he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To improve a behavior you have to catch the Tamaskan Dog in the process and surprise her by shaking a bottle of marbles. As soon as you have done this help him deal with his behavior and instantly offer him a snack and praise. Tamaskan Dogs do not think of what happened previously so chastening him after an event is useless.
- Make sure to call/use his name favorably. Do not say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will create confusion and the Tamaskan Dog will presume that if you call his name then it is for something negative. The pup needs to affiliate his name with happy things like hugs, petting, walks, snacks, and such. If this transpires he will approach happily whenever you call out his name.
- Create a teaching routine that is short and sweet, say 10 minutes 3 times a day. Extensive recurring sessions can be monotonous and the Tamaskan Dog is going to lose interest in the learning session. Make training fun-filled and use trick training sessions to show commands like sit, down, come et cetera.
- Bond with the Tamaskan Dog and both of you will certainly enjoy your sessions. The pup ought to hope for spending quality time with you and not keep away from you by turning tail or taking cover. Make certain to socialize the puppy dog early on. Socialization is one of the most significant teachings. The Tamaskan Dog has to learn to exist with various other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. So, gradually introduce the doggie when he is small to ordinary tasks and noises. Take him to the store/ playground, introduce him to children and other pets, and make him unfrightened of the vacuum cleaner and water hose.
- Master everything about crate training, leash walking, house breaking, in addition to food training. These are kindergarten lessons that every Tamaskan Dog puppy needs to master. Learn about all the characteristics as well as peculiarities of the breed. This will give you useful information on how to effectively instruct the pup.
As a Tamaskan Dog parent you have many choices. You may choose to train the Tamaskan Dog yourself or enlist at a high quality training school. Training a Tamaskan Dog has many phases: preschool, behavior training, dog sports, showing and conformation, in addition to other elements like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, et cetera. What standard you decide to coach hinges on you in addition to the learning abilities of your Tamaskan Dog. As you realize, various dogs, like humans, possess varied talents. Choose wisely and both you and your Tamaskan Dog pup will have enjoyable times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Tamaskan Dogs.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂