All of us imagine training the perfect Polish Hunting Dog, a pup that’s a CGC or canine good citizen and is very well mannered and trustworthy at all times. Well dreams do come true if the training is performed with care and commitment. Keep in mind pups learn from the first day and need to be informed what is right, what isn’t, and proper interpersonal skills.
Pups are just like small children, they demand regular direction and teaching. Training a pup need not be an ordeal, all you need to think about are a few simple guidelines:
10 Tips For Training Your Polish Hunting Dog
- Til your pup learns, you need to keep an eye on her at all times. Whenever you aren’t able to then you will need to crate him. Make a routine for the pup, this will serve to help him to settle quickly. The schedule has to consist of things like regular bathroom breaks, feeding times, break periods, walks, play time, training, and so forth. A pup that has a busy day has no time at all to be bored and misbehave.
- Teach the pup to appreciate you. Polish Hunting Dogs stay in packs and instinctively comply with a leader. If you establish your dominance in no uncertain terms then coaching will become easy because the pup will obey orders at all times and not defy your power.
- Utilize exclusively encouraging training techniques. Never ever scream at, smack, or abuse your Polish Hunting Dog. It’s not just terrible but may bring about behavioral concerns. Using electric shocks, prong collars, sprays, and so on could harm the animal.
- Teach the pup “absolutely nothing in life is free.” This is a mantra that is universally acknowledged as a reliable teaching method. In the event that you execute this, your pup will be taught that to experience anything like affection, a walk, or treat, he will need to behave well.
- Teach the significance of “No,” from day one. Do not embrace actions like leaping, growling, tug-o-war, snarling, or escaping open gates and doors. Compliment courtesy and just ignore or leave when there is bad conduct. The pup will learn that if he acts up he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To remedy a behavior you must witness the Polish Hunting Dog in the process and startle her by rattling a container of marbles. Once you have done this make him remedy his behavior and immediately offer him a snack and appreciation. Polish Hunting Dogs do not think of what happened earlier so rebuking him after an event is useless.
- Be certain to call/use his name favorably. Don’t say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will create confusion and the Polish Hunting Dog will presume that if you call his name then it is something negative. The dog must identify his name with happy events like hugs, petting, strolls, food, and such. If this happens he will respond willingly the moment you call his name.
- Establish a training regimen that is short and sweet, say 10 minutes three times a day. Lengthy repeated sessions can be boring and the Polish Hunting Dog will lose interest in the learning session. Help make learning cool and use trick training sessions to show orders like sit, down, come etc.
- Bond with the Polish Hunting Dog and both of you are going to love your lessons. The pup should anticipate hanging out with you and not stay away from you by breaking away or taking cover. Make certain to socialize the puppy dog very early. Socialization is one of the most important lessons. The Polish Hunting Dog should learn to exist with various other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. So, carefully introduce the pup when he is little to ordinary tasks and noises. Take him to the shopping mall/ dog park, introduce him to children and other animals, and make him unafraid of the vacuum cleaner and water hose.
- Master everything about crate training, leash walking, house breaking, as well as food training. These are training 101 lessons that every Polish Hunting Dog puppy has to master. Learn about all the habits in addition to qualities of the breed. This will give you important information on how to effectively educate the pup.
As a Polish Hunting Dog owner you have several options. You could choose to train the Polish Hunting Dog on your own or enroll at a pro training school. Training a Polish Hunting Dog has several levels: preschool, obedience training, dog sports, presenting and conformation, along with other aspects like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, and more. What level you decide to instruct is dependent on you in addition to the brainpower of your Polish Hunting Dog. As you realize, various dogs, like humans, have varied talents. Choose wisely and both you and your Polish Hunting Dog pup will have enjoyable times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Polish Hunting Dogs.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂