We all long for training the perfect Cordoba Fighting Dog, a puppy that is a CGC or canine good citizen and is well mannered and trustworthy at all times. Well dreams do come true if the teaching is performed with kindness and commitment. Remember pups learn from day one and really need to be taught what is correct, what is wrong, and correct socialization.
Puppies are like children, they demand regular direction and instruction. Training a pup needn’t be a nightmare, all you need to bear in mind are a few straightforward principles:
Top Ten Tips For Training Your Cordoba Fighting Dog
- Till your pup learns, you want to keep an eye on her at all times. If you aren’t able to then you should crate him. Design a calendar for the pup, that will serve to help him to settle down easily. The plan should include things like regular bathroom visits, eating times, relaxation periods, strolls, play time, exercise, and more. A pup that has a hectic day has no time to be bored or get into mischief.
- Train the pup to respect you. Cordoba Fighting Dogs stay in packs and naturally follow a leader. If you establish your leadership in no uncertain terms then instructing will end up being easy as the pup will comply with orders at all times and not defy your power.
- Utilize only positive training methods. Do not scream at, attack, or punish your Cordoba Fighting Dog. It is not only terrible but may induce behavioral challenges. Use of electric shocks, prong collars, sprays, etc could very well wound the animal.
- Show the pup “nothing in life is without cost.” This is a mantra that is frequently recognized as a very useful coaching tool. In the event that you execute this, the pup will learn that to get anything like love, a walk, or snack, he needs to behave well.
- Demonstrate the meaning of “No,” from day one. Do not reinforce actions such as jumping, yelping, tug-o-war, barking, or escaping open gates and doors. Compliment courtesy and dismiss or walk away when there is bad behavior. The pup will certainly realize that if he is mischievous he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To fix a behavior you must witness the Cordoba Fighting Dog in the process and startle him by shaking a bottle of rocks. When you have done this make him rectify his behavior and immediately give him a snack and appreciation. Cordoba Fighting Dogs do not remember what occurred earlier so reprimanding him after an occurrence is futile.
- Always call/use his name positively. Never ever say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will create mental confusion and the Cordoba Fighting Dog will presume that if you call his name then it is for something negative. The pup should link his name with pleasant events like hugs, petting, strolls, snacks, and such. If this happens he will approach willingly the moment you call his name.
- Develop a coaching routine that is short and sweet, about ten minutes thrice a day. Long recurring trainings can be uninspiring and the Cordoba Fighting Dog will lose interest in the learning session. Make training interesting and use trick training sessions to show commands like sit, down, come and more.
- Connect with the Cordoba Fighting Dog and both of you will certainly love your lessons. The pup should anticipate spending quality time with you and not steer clear of you by running away or hiding. Make certain to socialize the dog quickly. Socialization is one of the most vital lessons. The Cordoba Fighting Dog has to master how to coexist around various other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. So, slowly but surely introduce the puppy when he is little to normal tasks and sounds. Take him to the store/ playground, present him to children and other pets, and make him unafraid of the vacuum cleaner and garden hose.
- Study everything about potty training, leash walking, house breaking, together with food training. These are basic lessons that every Cordoba Fighting Dog puppy needs to understand. Learn about all the habits as well as peculiarities of the breed. This will give you useful ideas on how to properly train the dog.
As a Cordoba Fighting Dog owner you have a lot of options. You could possibly decide to train the Cordoba Fighting Dog on your own or enlist at a pro training school. Training a Cordoba Fighting Dog has numerous steps: kindergarten, behavior training, doggie sports, showing and conformation, and other facets like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, et cetera. What standard you choose to instruct is dependent on you along with the learning abilities of your Cordoba Fighting Dog. As you are aware, different dogs, like humans, possess varied talents. Choose well and both you and your Cordoba Fighting Dog pup will have fun times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Cordoba Fighting Dogs.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂