We all long for training the perfect Braque Du Puy, a pet that is a CGC or canine good citizen and is well behaved and dependable at all times. Well dreams do come true if the training is performed with kindness and dedication. Never forget pups learn from the first day and need to be informed what is right, what is not, and correct interpersonal skills.
Puppies behave like young children, they crave continuous guidance and instruction. Training a pup does not have to be an ordeal, all you need to bear in mind are a few simple rules:
Top Ten Tips For Training Your Braque Du Puy
- Till your pup is trained, you need to keep an eye on her at all times. If you are unable to then you must definitely cage her. Make a calendar for the pup, this will help her to settle fast. The routine will need to consist of things such as regular bathroom visits, eating times, rest periods, walks, play time, teaching, and so on. A pup that has a very busy day has no time to become bored and misbehave.
- Train the pup to heed you. Braque Du Puys stay in packs and instinctively comply with a leader. If you establish your leadership in no uncertain terms then coaching will end up being easy because the pup will heed orders at all times and not defy your authority.
- Use exclusively positive training tactics. Never yell at, smack, or punish your Braque Du Puy. It’s not just harsh but may bring on behavioral challenges. Using electrical shocks, prong collars, sprays, and so on could certainly harm the animal.
- Teach the pup “nothing in life is free.” This is a philosophy that is generally acknowledged as an useful teaching method. If you emphasize this, the pup will learn that to experience something like affection, a walk, or snack, he will need to act well.
- Show the meaning of “No,” from day one. Do not embrace actions like leaping, yelping, tug-o-war, snarling, or escaping open gates and doors. Compliment excellent behavior and disregard or leave when there is bad conduct. The pup will certainly discover that if he misbehaves he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To correct a habit you have to witness the Braque Du Puy in the process and startle her by rattling a can of pebbles. Once you have done this make him correct his behavior and immediately give him a snack and praise. Braque Du Puys do not recollect what transpired previously so scolding him after an event is of no use.
- Be sure to call/use his name positively. Don’t say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will result in mental confusion and the Braque Du Puy will believe that if you call his name then it is something bad. The dog needs to affiliate his name with happy times like hugs, petting, walks, food, and such. If this happens he will come willingly if you call his name.
- Make a coaching regimen that is short and sweet, about 10 minutes three times a day. Prolonged recurring sessions can be dull and the Braque Du Puy is going to lose interest in learning. Help make learning fun and use trick training to teach commands like sit, down, come etc.
- Bond with the Braque Du Puy and both of you will definitely appreciate your lessons. The pup must eagerly anticipate spending quality time with you and not avoid you by turning tail or taking cover. Be sure to socialize the puppy early on. Socialization is one of the most essential teachings. The Braque Du Puy must master how to exist with various other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. So, slowly but surely introduce the puppy when he is small to regular tasks and sounds. Take him to the shopping centre/ park, introduce him to kids and other pets, and make him unfrightened of the vacuum and garden hose.
- Discover everything about crate training, leash walking, house breaking, as well as food training. These are remedial lessons that every Braque Du Puy puppy needs to understand. Learn about all the mannerisms as well as peculiarities of the breed. This will give you valuable information on how to effectively instruct the puppy dog.
As a Braque Du Puy parent you have many options. You can choose to train the Braque Du Puy by yourself or enlist at a skilled professional training school. Training a Braque Du Puy has numerous steps: preschool, obedience training, doggie sports, showing and conformation, and other components like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, and so forth. What level you decide to train depends on you as well as the brainpower of your Braque Du Puy. As you know, different dogs, like human beings, possess different talents. Choose wisely and both you and your Braque Du Puy pup will have fun times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Braque Du Puys.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂