All of us hope for training the perfect Taigan, a pup that’s a CGC or canine good citizen and is very well mannered and trustworthy at all times. Well dreams do come true if the training is done with kindness and focus. Always remember pups learn from the first day and really need to be shown what is correct, what is not, and effective socialization.
Puppies behave like kids, they crave constant guidance and instruction. Training a pup need not be a nightmare, all you have to consider are a few basic guidelines:
10 Tips For Training Your Taigan
- Til your pup learns, you must keep an eye on her at all times. When you aren’t able to then you will need to crate him. Develop a plan for the pup, this will help her to settle down easily. The calendar should incorporate things like hourly bathroom visits, eating times, sleep times, strolls, play time, teaching, and more. A pup that has a busy day has no time to become unoccupied and get into mischief.
- Train the pup to respect you. Taigans live in packs and naturally comply with a leader. Once you establish your leadership in no uncertain terms then teaching will become easy as the pup will obey you at all times and not question your power.
- Use exclusively constructive training tactics. Never shout at, strike, or abuse your Taigan. It is not only unkind but can easily bring about behavioral issues. Using electric shocks, prong collars, sprays, et cetera could easily hurt the animal.
- Teach the pup “nothing in this life is without cost.” This is a method of teaching that is broadly regarded as a helpful teaching tool. When you execute this, the pup will discover that to experience anything like affection, a stroll, or treat, he has to behave well.
- Teach the meaning of “No,” from day one. Do not advocate behaviors like jumping, yelping, tug-o-war, barking, or running out of open gates and doorways. Appreciate courtesy and disregard or leave when there is bad conduct. The pup will certainly learn that if he acts up he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To correct a behavior you must catch the Taigan in the process and surprise him by shaking a can of rocks. As soon as you have done this help him straighten out his behavior and promptly offer him a snack and approval. Taigans do not remember what happened earlier so rebuking him after an occurrence is of no use.
- Be sure to call/use his name favorably. Never say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will induce mental confusion and the Taigan will presume that if you call his name then it is something bad. The dog should link his name with pleasant things like hugs, petting, walks, snacks, and such. If this occurs he will come willingly when you call out his name.
- Make a training schedule that is short and sweet, about ten minutes three times a day. Long repetitive sessions can be boring and the Taigan is going to lose interest in the learning session. Make lessons cool and use trick training sessions to teach commands like sit, down, come and so on.
- Connect with the Taigan and both of you will certainly have fun with your sessions. The pup needs to anticipate spending time with you and not stay clear of you by turning tail or taking cover. Be sure to socialize the pup very early. Socialization is among the most critical lessons. The Taigan will need to figure out how to coexist with various other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. So, slowly and gradually introduce the doggy when he is small to regular endeavors and noises. Take him to the market/ park, introduce him to children and other pets, and make him unafraid of the vacuum cleaner and garden hose.
- Study everything about potty training, leash walking, house breaking, and also food training. These are basic lessons that every Taigan puppy should grasp. Learn about all the habits in addition to distinctive features of the breed. This will give you important insights on how to successfully train the dog.
As a Taigan owner you have numerous options. You might choose to train the Taigan on your own or enlist at a skilled professional training school. Training a Taigan has numerous stages: kindergarten, behavior training, doggie sports, showing and conformation, in addition to other aspects like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, and so on. What level you choose to instruct is dependent on you together with the learning abilities of your Taigan. As you realize, different dogs, like humans, possess different talents. Choose wisely and both you and your Taigan pup will have good times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Taigans.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂