All of us hope for training the perfect Ariegeois, a pet that’s a CGC or canine good citizen and is very well behaved and dependable at all times. Well dreams do come true when the training is done with kindness and dedication. Realize pups learn from day one and need to be shown what is correct, what isn’t, and appropriate interpersonal skills.
Pups are just like young children, they are in need of regular direction and training. Training a pup doesn’t have to be an ordeal, all you want to take note of are a few basic guidelines:
Ten Tips For Training Your Ariegeois
- Till your pup learns, you must keep an eye on her at all times. When you are unable to then you must definitely cage him. Establish a schedule for the pup, this will help her to calm down quickly. The schedule has to consist of things such as regular bathroom visits, feeding times, break periods, strolls, play time, teaching, and so on. A pup that has a full day has no time at all to get bored or get into mischief.
- Teach the pup to respect you. Ariegeoiss stay in packs and naturally adhere to a leader. If you establish your dominance in no uncertain terms then training will end up being easy because the pup will heed orders at all times and not test your power.
- Utilize only encouraging training strategies. Don’t scream at, attack, or abuse your Ariegeois. It’s not only harsh but might trigger behavioral problems. Use of electric shocks, prong collars, sprays, and so on could hurt the animal.
- Show the pup “absolutely nothing in this life is without cost.” This is a method of teaching that is generally acknowledged as a reliable coaching method. If you reinforce this, your pup will find out that to get something like love, a stroll, or treat, he needs to behave properly.
- Teach the significance of “No,” from the first day. Do not advocate actions such as leaping, growling, tug-o-war, barking, or escaping open gates and doorways. Celebrate good behavior and dismiss or leave when there is bad conduct. The pup will discover that if he misbehaves he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To deal with a behavior you will need to catch the Ariegeois in the act and startle him by rattling a can of pebbles. As soon as you have done this help him rectify his behavior and instantly give him a snack and approval. Ariegeoiss do not recall what transpired prior so rebuking him after an occurrence is useless.
- Always call/use his name positively. Never say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will cause mental confusion and the Ariegeois will think that if you call his name then it is something negative. The puppy should connect his name with happy times like hugs, petting, walks, treats, and such. If this takes place he will approach happily if you call his name.
- Make a teaching regimen that is short and sweet, about ten minutes three times a day. Lengthy repetitive lessons can be uninspiring and the Ariegeois will lose interest in the learning session. Help make lessons fun-filled and use trick training to demonstrate directions like sit, down, come etc.
- Bond with the Ariegeois and both of you will definitely appreciate your lessons. The pup ought to expect spending quality time with you and not steer clear of you by breaking away or taking cover. Make certain to socialize the pup very early. Socialization is among the most significant teachings. The Ariegeois must definitely master how to coexist around various other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. And so, slowly but surely introduce the pup when he is small to regular endeavors and sounds. Take him to the mall/ playground, introduce him to kids and other pets, and make him unfrightened of the vacuum cleaner and water hose.
- Understand everything about cage training, leash walking, house breaking, together with food training. These are remedial lessons that every Ariegeois puppy needs to learn. Understand all the traits and qualities of the breed. This will give you important ideas on how to properly coach the puppy.
As a Ariegeois owner you have plenty of choices. You could certainly decide to train the Ariegeois by yourself or sign up at a qualified professional training school. Training a Ariegeois has numerous steps: preschool, obedience training, doggie sports, presenting and conformation, as well as other aspects like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, and more. What degree you choose to train depends upon you together with the learning abilities of your Ariegeois. As you realize, different dogs, like humans, have varied talents. Choose wisely and both you and your Ariegeois pup will have good times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Ariegeoiss.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂