All of us imagine training the perfect Staffordshire Bull Terrier, a pup that is a CGC or canine good citizen and is very well mannered and dependable at all times. Well dreams really do come true if the training is performed with care and commitment. Realize pups learn from the first day and want to be informed what is right, what is wrong, and appropriate interpersonal skills.
Pups are just like young children, they crave continuous direction and training. Training a pup does not have to be a challenge, all you want to take note of are a few simple guidelines:
Ten Tips For Training Your Staffordshire Bull Terrier
- Till your pup learns, you want to keep an eye on her at all times. Once you aren’t able to then you should crate her. Develop a schedule for the pup, this will serve to help him to settle easily. The schedule must incorporate things such as regular bathroom visits, feeding times, rest times, walks, play time, education, et cetera. A pup that has a very busy day has no time to become bored or misbehave.
- Teach the pup to value you. Staffordshire Bull Terriers live in packs and naturally adhere to a leader. When you establish your leadership in no uncertain terms then teaching will become easy as the pup will follow orders at all times and not defy your power.
- Use exclusively encouraging training tactics. Do not ever holler at, smack, or punish your Staffordshire Bull Terrier. It’s not just harsh but can easily induce behavioral issues. Using electrical shocks, prong collars, sprays, and so on could very well wound the animal.
- Teach the pup “nothing in life is without cost.” This is a system that is widely recognized as a very useful teaching method. In the event that you execute this, your pup will learn that to get anything like affection, a walk, or reward, he will need to act properly.
- Show the significance of “No,” from day one. Do not embrace behaviors such as leaping, mouthing, tug-o-war, snarling, or running out of open gates and doors. Applaud proper behavior and ignore or walk away when there is bad behavior. The pup will certainly discover that if he is mischievous he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To deal with a habit you must witness the Staffordshire Bull Terrier in the act and surprise him by shaking a jar of stones. Once you have done this help him fix his behavior and promptly give him a treat and appreciation. Staffordshire Bull Terriers do not call to mind what occurred earlier so chastening him after an event is futile.
- Be certain to call/use his name favorably. Don’t say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will result in mental confusion and the Staffordshire Bull Terrier will think that if you call his name then it is something negative. The doggie must link his name with happy times like hugs, petting, walks, food, and such. If this takes place he will respond willingly the instant you call out his name.
- Generate a coaching regimen that is short and sweet, about 10 minutes thrice a day. Extensive recurring sessions can be boring and the Staffordshire Bull Terrier is going to lose interest in the learning session. Make learning exciting and use trick training to teach orders like sit, down, come and so on.
- Bond with the Staffordshire Bull Terrier and both of you will certainly love your lessons. The pup needs to expect spending time with you and not avoid you by breaking away or taking cover. Make sure to socialize the doggie early. Socialization is one of the most vital teachings. The Staffordshire Bull Terrier should figure out how to coexist with other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. And so, gradually introduce the puppy dog when he is small to day-to-day endeavors and sounds. Take him to the shopping center/ dog park, present him to children and other animals, and make him unfrightened of the vacuum and water hose.
- Learn everything about potty training, leash walking, house breaking, along with food training. These are kindergarten lessons that every Staffordshire Bull Terrier puppy should learn. Know about all the traits as well as distinctive features of the breed. This will give you valuable ideas on how to effectively teach the pup.
As a Staffordshire Bull Terrier parent you have countless choices. You could possibly decide to train the Staffordshire Bull Terrier by yourself or enroll at a high quality training school. Training a Staffordshire Bull Terrier has several steps: kindergarten, behavior training, doggie sports, presenting and conformation, in addition to other components like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, and more. What level you decide to instruct is dependent on you along with the brainpower of your Staffordshire Bull Terrier. As you are aware, various dogs, like humans, have varied talents. Choose wisely and both you and your Staffordshire Bull Terrier pup will have good times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Staffordshire Bull Terriers.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂