We all dream of training the perfect Slovensky Kopov, a pup that’s a CGC or canine good citizen and is very well mannered and dependable at all times. Well dreams do come true if the education is done with care and focus. Never forget pups learn from the first day and need to be shown what is right, what is not, and appropriate socialization.
Puppies are just like young children, they need to get frequent supervision and instruction. Training a pup need not be a chore, all you need to bear in mind are a few basic rules:
10 Tips For Training Your Slovensky Kopov
- Till your pup is trained, you must keep an eye on her at all times. When you can not then you must cage her. Make a routine for the pup, this will help him to settle down quickly. The calendar has to incorporate things such as regular potty visits, feeding times, relaxation periods, strolls, play time, education, and more. A pup that has a very busy day has no time to become bored and get into mischief.
- Teach the pup to heed you. Slovensky Kopovs stay in packs and naturally need a leader. When you establish your dominance in no uncertain terms then teaching will become easy because the pup will comply with you at all times and not challenge your authority.
- Utilize exclusively positive training tactics. Never ever holler at, whack, or punish your Slovensky Kopov. It is not just terrible but will provoke behavioral problems. Use of electrical shocks, prong collars, sprays, et cetera could easily hurt the animal.
- Show the pup “absolutely nothing in this life is without cost.” This is a method of teaching that is commonly acknowledged as a very useful teaching method. When you apply this, the pup will learn that to get something like affection, a walk, or snack, he must behave well.
- Present the significance of “No,” from the first day. Do not encourage actions like jumping, mouthing, tug-o-war, howling, or escaping open gates and doors. Praise proper behavior and disregard or walk away when there is bad conduct. The pup will certainly realize that if he is mischievous he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To fix a behavior you will need to witness the Slovensky Kopov in the process and surprise her by rattling a container of stones. Once you have done this help him correct his behavior and immediately give him a snack and approval. Slovensky Kopovs do not remember what took place prior so scolding him after an occurrence is useless.
- Be certain to call/use his name favorably. Don’t say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will induce mental confusion and the Slovensky Kopov will believe that if you call his name then it is something negative. The doggy should link his name with pleasant times like hugs, petting, walks, snacks, and such. If this happens he will come willingly if you call his name.
- Make a teaching schedule that is short and sweet, about ten minutes 3 times a day. Lengthy recurring sessions can be uninteresting and the Slovensky Kopov is going to lose interest in the learning session. Help make lessons entertaining and use trick training to demonstrate commands like sit, down, come and so on.
- Connect with the Slovensky Kopov and both of you are going to appreciate your lessons. The pup should expect spending time with you and not stay away from you by running away or taking cover. Be sure to socialize the pup early. Socialization is one of the most crucial lessons. The Slovensky Kopov will need to figure out how to exist around various other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. So, slowly and gradually introduce the pup when he is little to everyday activities and sounds. Take him to the store/ playground, introduce him to kids and other pets, and make him unfrightened of the vacuum and water hose.
- Discover everything about potty training, leash walking, house breaking, and also food training. These are basic lessons that every Slovensky Kopov puppy needs to learn. Know about all the mannerisms in addition to qualities of the breed. This will give you useful ideas on how to successfully train the puppy.
As a Slovensky Kopov owner you have countless choices. You could decide to train the Slovensky Kopov on your own or enroll at a qualified training school. Training a Slovensky Kopov has numerous levels: kindergarten, behavior training, doggy sports, showing and conformation, in addition to other facets like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, and so on. What level you choose to train is dependent on you along with the brainpower of your Slovensky Kopov. As you recognize, various dogs, like human beings, possess varied talents. Choose wisely and both you and your Slovensky Kopov pup will have exciting times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Slovensky Kopovs.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂