All of us dream of training the perfect Phu Quoc Ridgeback Dog, a pet that’s a CGC or canine good citizen and is very well behaved and dependable at all times. Well dreams really do come true if the education is done with kindness and focus. Remember pups learn from the first day and really need to be informed what is correct, what is not, and correct socialization.
Puppies are just like small children, they desire constant supervision and teaching. Training a pup doesn’t have to be a nightmare, all you need to take note of are a few simple guidelines:
Top Ten Tips For Training Your Phu Quoc Ridgeback Dog
- Till your pup learns, you must keep an eye on him at all times. When you can’t then you need to cage her. Establish a plan for the pup, this will enable her to calm down quickly. The plan must include things such as regular potty visits, eating times, sleep periods, walks, play time, education, and so on. A pup that has a full day has no time at all to get unoccupied or get into mischief.
- Train the pup to heed you. Phu Quoc Ridgeback Dogs live in packs and naturally comply with a leader. If you establish your leadership in no uncertain terms then training will come to be easy as the pup will comply with orders at all times and not defy your power.
- Utilize exclusively constructive training tactics. Don’t shout at, hit, or abuse your Phu Quoc Ridgeback Dog. It’s not just harsh but can easily induce behavioral issues. Using electric shocks, prong collars, sprays, and so forth may possibly wound the animal.
- Show the pup “absolutely nothing in this life is free.” This is a method of teaching that is broadly recognized as a valuable teaching method. If you apply this, your pup will find out that to get something like affection, a walk, or snack, he needs to behave well.
- Explain the significance of “No,” from the first day. Do not endorse actions such as leaping, mouthing, tug-o-war, yapping, or escaping open gates and doors. Praise courtesy and ignore or walk away when there is bad conduct. The pup will discover that if he misbehaves he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To deal with a habit you will need to witness the Phu Quoc Ridgeback Dog in the process and surprise him by shaking a jar of rocks. As soon as you have done this make him fix his behavior and promptly offer him a snack and appreciation. Phu Quoc Ridgeback Dogs do not recollect what took place prior so reprimanding him after an event is useless.
- Be sure you call/use his name positively. Do not ever say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will induce confusion and the Phu Quoc Ridgeback Dog will believe that if you call his name then it is for something negative. The doggie must link his name with happy things like hugs, petting, walks, food, and such. If this transpires he will come willingly once you call his name.
- Generate a training routine that is short and sweet, say 10 minutes thrice a day. Extensive recurring sessions can be dull and the Phu Quoc Ridgeback Dog will lose interest in the learning session. Make training enjoyable and use trick training to demonstrate directions like sit, down, come etc.
- Connect with the Phu Quoc Ridgeback Dog and both of you will have fun with your sessions. The pup should hope for spending time with you and not avoid you by turning tail or hiding. Make certain to socialize the doggie early on. Socialization is one of the most essential teachings. The Phu Quoc Ridgeback Dog should learn to exist around other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. So, slowly introduce the pup when he is small to day-to-day events and noises. Take him to the shopping center/ park, introduce him to kids and other animals, and make him unafraid of the vacuum cleaner and garden hose.
- Study everything about house training, leash walking, house breaking, together with food training. These are training 101 lessons that every Phu Quoc Ridgeback Dog puppy should master. Know about all the mannerisms in addition to distinctive features of the breed. This will give you useful information on how to properly train the puppy dog.
As a Phu Quoc Ridgeback Dog parent you have countless options. You might decide to train the Phu Quoc Ridgeback Dog by yourself or register at a pro training school. Training a Phu Quoc Ridgeback Dog has many steps: kindergarten, obedience training, doggy sports, presenting and conformation, along with other components like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, etc. What values you choose to instruct is dependent on you in addition to the brainpower of your Phu Quoc Ridgeback Dog. As you understand, different dogs, like human beings, possess different talents. Choose wisely and both you and your Phu Quoc Ridgeback Dog pup will have good times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Phu Quoc Ridgeback Dogs.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂