We all imagine training the perfect Perro De Presa Canario, a pup that is a CGC or canine good citizen and is very well behaved and dependable at all times. Well dreams do come true when the training is performed with kindness and dedication. Realize pups learn from the first day and really need to be advised what is right, what is wrong, and effective interpersonal skills.
Pups act like small children, they demand frequent supervision and training. Training a pup need not be a nightmare, all you have to keep in mind are a few basic principles:
Ten Tips For Training Your Perro De Presa Canario
- Til your pup learns, you must keep an eye on her at all times. If you are unable to then you have to crate him. Develop a routine for the pup, that will serve to help her to settle down very quickly. The calendar should consist of things like regular potty breaks, eating times, sleep times, walks, play time, teaching, and more. A pup that has a very busy day has no time for being bored and misbehave.
- Train the pup to respect you. Perro De Presa Canarios live in packs and naturally need a leader. When you establish your leadership in no uncertain terms then teaching will get easy as the pup will follow orders at all times and not challenge your power.
- Utilize only positive training strategies. Don’t shout at, smack, or abuse your Perro De Presa Canario. It is not just harsh but can induce behavioral concerns. Use of electric shocks, prong collars, sprays, et cetera could quite possibly harm the animal.
- Teach the pup “absolutely nothing in life is without cost.” This is a method of teaching that is frequently recognized as a reliable training tool. If you execute this, your pup will be taught that to get something like love, a walk, or reward, he will need to behave well.
- Present the significance of “No,” from the first day. Do not encourage behaviors like jumping, mouthing, tug-o-war, howling, or running out of open gates and doors. Applaud courtesy and disregard or walk away when there is bad conduct. The pup will certainly discover that if he is mischievous he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To improve a habit you must catch the Perro De Presa Canario in the act and startle him by shaking a container of stones. As soon as you have done this help him remedy his behavior and promptly offer him a snack and praise. Perro De Presa Canarios do not call to mind what took place previously so rebuking him after an event is useless.
- Be sure to call/use his name positively. Don’t say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will trigger mental confusion and the Perro De Presa Canario will think that if you call his name then it is for something bad. The puppy should connect his name with happy events like hugs, petting, walks, treats, and such. If this happens he will respond willingly if you call out his name.
- Establish a coaching regimen that is short and sweet, about 10 minutes three times a day. Lengthy repetitive trainings can be monotonous and the Perro De Presa Canario will lose interest in learning. Make lessons fun and use trick training sessions to explain directions like sit, down, come and more.
- Bond with the Perro De Presa Canario and both of you will definitely love your lessons. The pup needs to anticipate spending time with you and not steer clear of you by turning tail or taking cover. Make certain to socialize the doggie early. Socialization is one of the most essential teachings. The Perro De Presa Canario will need to figure out how to exist around other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. And so, slowly introduce the doggy when he is little to regular tasks and noises. Take him to the store/ dog park, present him to children and other pets, and make him unafraid of the vacuum cleaner and garden hose.
- Study all about cage training, leash walking, house breaking, in addition to food training. These are kindergarten lessons that every Perro De Presa Canario puppy needs to learn. Learn about all the traits in addition to distinctive features of the breed. This will give you valuable information on how to successfully coach the doggy.
As a Perro De Presa Canario parent you have many choices. You can choose to train the Perro De Presa Canario on your own or enlist at a professional training school. Training a Perro De Presa Canario has numerous steps: kindergarten, obedience training, doggie sports, showing and conformation, along with other aspects like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, and more. What standard you decide to train is dependent on you along with the learning abilities of your Perro De Presa Canario. As you recognize, different dogs, like human beings, have different talents. Choose well and both you and your Perro De Presa Canario pup will have fun times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Perro De Presa Canarios.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂