All of us imagine training the perfect Mioritic, a puppy that is a CGC or canine good citizen and is well behaved and responsible at all times. Well dreams really do come true when the training is done with kindness and commitment. Don’t forget pups learn from day one and need to be shown what is correct, what isn’t, and appropriate socialization.
Pups behave like young children, they are in need of constant supervision and training. Training a pup doesn’t have to be a challenge, all you need to think about are a few straightforward rules:
10 Tips For Training Your Mioritic
- Till your pup learns, you must keep an eye on him at all times. Once you are unable to then you should cage her. Design a calendar for the pup, that will serve to help her to settle down very quickly. The routine will need to include things such as hourly bathroom visits, eating times, rest times, strolls, play time, teaching, and more. A pup that has a very busy day has no time at all to be unoccupied and misbehave.
- Train the pup to heed you. Mioritics live in packs and naturally need a leader. Once you establish your dominance in no uncertain terms then instructing will get easy because the pup will follow you at all times and not question your power.
- Use only constructive training tactics. Never scream at, whack, or abuse your Mioritic. It’s not just cruel but will provoke behavioral concerns. Using electric shocks, prong collars, sprays, and so on could easily harm the animal.
- Show the pup “absolutely nothing in life is free.” This is a system that is universally recognized as a valuable training tool. When you apply this, your pup will discover that to get something like love, a walk, or treat, he will need to act well.
- Present the significance of “No,” from day one. Do not encourage actions such as leaping, mouthing, tug-o-war, yipping, or escaping open gates and doors. Applaud great behavior and dismiss or leave when there is bad behavior. The pup will learn that if he is mischievous he will lose his companion/playmate.
- To remedy a habit you must witness the Mioritic in the process and startle her by rattling a can of rocks. When you have done this help him correct his behavior and promptly give him a treat and praise. Mioritics do not call to mind what took place prior so chastening him after an occurrence is useless.
- Make sure to call/use his name favorably. Never ever say “Bad TOM,” or “No Tom,” this will result in mental confusion and the Mioritic will presume that if you call his name then it is something negative. The doggie should correlate his name with happy events like hugs, petting, strolls, snacks, and such. If this transpires he will come happily the moment you call out his name.
- Develop a coaching regimen that is short and sweet, say 10 minutes three times a day. Long repetitive sessions can be dull and the Mioritic is going to lose interest in the learning session. Help make learning fun-filled and use trick training sessions to show commands like sit, down, come and so forth.
- Connect with the Mioritic and both of you will certainly appreciate your sessions. The pup ought to anticipate spending quality time with you and not avoid you by running away or hiding. Be sure to socialize the puppy as soon as possible. Socialization is among the most important teachings. The Mioritic needs to master how to be around other animals, people, sounds, vehicles, and other activities. And so, gradually introduce the dog when he is small to ordinary events and sounds. Take him to the store/ dog park, introduce him to children and other pets, and make him unafraid of the vacuum cleaner and water hose.
- Get to know everything about house training, leash walking, house breaking, as well as food training. These are rudimentary lessons that every Mioritic puppy has to master. Know about all the idiosyncrasies and qualities of the breed. This will give you useful insights on how to properly train the pup.
As a Mioritic owner you have many choices. You might decide to train the Mioritic yourself or enroll at a qualified training school. Training a Mioritic has several levels: kindergarten, behavior training, dog sports, presenting and conformation, in addition to other components like therapy dogs, hearing dogs, and so on. What level you choose to coach is dependent on you in addition to the brainpower of your Mioritic. As you are aware, different dogs, like people, have varied talents. Choose well and both you and your Mioritic pup will have enjoyable times together.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Mioritics.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂